Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Oakley prescription lens help.
  • dan_seed
    Free Member

I currently own some non prescription oakley sunglasses and have now found out that i need to wear glasses and would therefore like to get the lenses changed in my oakleys to prescription ones.

Does anyone know where I can get this done? I checked with the opticians but they said that the lense had a radius that was too large for their lenses and i would probably need to speak with oakley direct. I have done a quick google search and although there are lots of complete glasses suppliers i cannot seem to find just a lens supplier.

Can anyone help me?

druidh
    Free Member

I got prescription Oakleys through Vision Express. They can order up the right lenses, but it might depend on which Oakleys you have.

dan_seed
    Free Member

I have both some monster dogs and some square wires.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

The Global site for Oakley prescription lenses is in a town west of Dublin – most decent opticians will send the frames there to be fitted and serviced.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Be warned, Oakly RX lenses are very very spensive…

I’m waiting to find out if a mate of mine has gone and lost mine (somehow, they ended up with his stuff when I helped him move house, and could be bloody anywhere). I think he’s fretting a bit, as they will cost about £400 to replace… 😯

druidh
    Free Member

I got a full set of Half Jackets for £225 last year

ted850
    Free Member

01234 365365 I think is the number for serval, the uk oakley supplier. If they can’t help you or point you in the right direction then I’m out of suggestions!

They do prescriptions lenses for nearly all their frames now so I would be surprised if they couldn’t sort something but like RudeBoy said, not cheap!!

Q
    Free Member

Find an Oakley dealer near to you that does prescription eyewear.

Oakley Dealer Search

They will send off your frames to be ‘glazed’ at the factory and returned.

dan_seed
    Free Member

Thanks for your help guys….seems damn expensive though…£165 minimum!

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

i got my oakley square wires with the new type reactalite lenses from vision express – bit pricey (‘cos there oakleys ) but well chuffed with them

nickc

there’s any number of Oakley glasses on Ebay. grab a pair, last time I looked they were about £40 for a nice “wire” design. Down to Local Optician, £120 or so later…Nice new pair of specs.

colnagokid

Vision express for me too. Start saving!

tinsy
    Free Member

TICK, VERY EXPENSIVE… I gave my lens’s away on here after the laser surgery, was just happy for all that money someone got to use them….

flatfish
    Free Member

got monster dogs myself, and another pair which name escapes me. used amar shah in brizzle. he had to order direct from oakley as his other supplier couldn’t get the right curve.

TheGingerOne

Try looking at http://www.gosportspex.com

I got my prescription Oakleys from them and was very happy with the price and service.

Their Oakley page says ‘You can order lenses for your newest prescription frame or for any Oakley ophthalmic frame. Also, almost the entire line of Oakley sunglass frames can be processed by the Oakley lab to be custom made with your prescription… If you have a prescription that is not in the range please contact us. We are able to custom make prescription lenses for most Oakley Sunglasses.’

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Oakley prescription lens help.’ is closed to new replies.