Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Oakley Prescription Glasses
  • Marmoset
    Free Member

Any pointers as to where sells these at a discount ,either NW England or on t'interweb? Thinking of buying some as the sunnies always last a long time, so I've figured that the specs may also be pretty tough

Cheers

Rich

samuri
    Free Member

Are you confident they'll cope with your prescription? They don't go very strong and can't cope with funny shaped eyeballs.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Yes – I've not got a strong prescription requirement, only -1.75 and -2.25, no funny eyeballs either…

TrevorB

Vision Express can tell you which lenses will take your prescription. The transitions versions are also limited to certain combinations, great for night riding, but don't work in the car.

sofatester
    Free Member

Contacts and normal shades perhaps? 8)

samuri
    Free Member

righto. Vision express do Oakleys, they're normally quite cheap and despite being a supermarket style shop, I've always found them to be pretty good.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Cheers chaps – I already do the shades'n'contacts thing on the bike – it's for the day to day stuff in office (contact unfriendly environment) and non sports things…

brant
    Free Member

I have 2prs – a set of Yardstick 3.0's for day-to-day wear and a set of something else for riding in.

It works well – if you swap from more conventional "glasses" to Oakleys when you set off for a ride, you feel pissed for the first half hour, because of the curved lens. This isn't always a bad thing, but can be a bit distracting.

vinnyeh

I used the Internet Opticians to get some Rotor 4.0's- frames were about 25% off retail. I didn't fork out for rx lenses since they were only for reading, and just got hard coated/anti reflect. Looking at the invoice they were £120 – about £30 for the lenses. Oakley prescription lenses are £160.

grievoustim
    Free Member

i have Oakley prescription frames for day to day use

they aren't riding glasses though – just "normal" frames made by Oakley, not sure if that is what you are after. Got them from Vision Express

for proper riding I wear disposable contacts and Oakley sunnies – the cost of changing lenses in prescription sunnies as well as normal glasses adds up as too much I think

JamesD
    Free Member

Got my prescription Oakleys from Vision Express too.

Got 10% off them using a voucher I found on their website – http://www.visionexpress.com/offers/exclusive-online-offers

Marmoset
    Free Member

I'll get down to Visionexpress then – thanks for the voucher tip JamesD.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Got my Oakley prescription glasses from the Internetoptician – Ratchets here. Did a good job, and gave me an extra step of lens thinness than they advertise for free! Normal, non-Oakley lenses though.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Oakley Prescription Glasses’ is closed to new replies.