Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Oakley lens tint question
  • molgrips
    Free Member

For dull evenings – persimmon or yellow?

I have VR50 transitions at the moment, and I want to take them off in the evenings lately but I also want to keep flies out of my eyes. They apparently go down to 50% transmission whereas the other two options are 61% and 90% respectively.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

I'd go with yellow – or even clear if you're in the woods

MarkyG82

I dont think you'll notice enough of a difference with 61% and 90 is a big step up. But then ull have something for deep winter riding so id say go for 90%.

molgrips
    Free Member

Clear is not available for Jawbones – I prefer it to yellow. I wish they did a transitions lens that was like 95% to say 30%. That'd be useful.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh.. I must've been on the US oakley site. They are really weird for making slightly different stuff in different markets. How different can demand be?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I have bronze and they are too dark for dull evening. I intend to get clear for winter/night riding.

woffle
    Free Member

I've got both the persimmon and yellows for my Jawbones. I'd go for the yellows – the persimmons are a better all-day lens but the yellows are better for dawn / dusk rides…

IanMmmm
    Free Member

You can definitely get clear for Jawbones because I was looking at one yesterday lunchtime.

JonBurns
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/prescription-oakleys-have-arrived

If you follow the link to Extreme Eyewear you can see all available tints for Jawbones.

Houns
    molgrips
    Free Member

Right, there are only two transitions lenses for the non scrip jawbones. Are the 'grey' ones you have the same as 'black iridium'? The ones in your thread burns look very nice and clear.

SOAP
    Free Member

I have monster dog VR50/brown Transitions lenses and they work Very well!
    I can ride from bright sun into woods and have no problems what so ever.
    unlike normal lenses, fantastic!

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

Yellow is like riding with the sun out when it's cloudy. Persimmon is similar but not quite as strong an effect. Clear are just that (and I have some). Clear black iridium Transitions are the new lens but at the moment are only available as glasses (which annoys me). If you're getting one get the clear vented I reckon.

langy
    Free Member

I have HI persimmon for dawn, dusk and overcast wintery days (the HI doesn't stop it sometimes clearing up and being "too" bright, but is excellent for cutting out the glare if it's wet, for example), clear for night riding, blk irid for daytime stuff. Want a really dark, polarised lens too for high summer, but $$ at the moment doesn't allow.

yellow you can get away with for night riding too, which means you don't have to stop and change the lens, but if you are getting options that may not matter to you.

Personally, I think the persimmon will be "too" close to the one you have, so go yellow (and clear if you can!)

JonBurns
    Free Member

I've got Grey MAR transition lenses, I think that the Black iridiums have a darker initial tint to them.

There is a new clear black iririum transition lens though that came out a month or so ago;
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/oakley-debuts-new-frame-styles-lens-tints

Saw a pair of Switch Jackets with them in on Saturday and they looked pretty clear to me. The article says there'll be the same lens for Jawbones.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Oakley lens tint question’ is closed to new replies.