Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Oakley lens advice
  • The-Beard

Which would you choose between grey polarized and standard black iridium? I can barely tell the difference when looking through them other than the polarisation effect. Can’t justify keeping both lenses but can’t decide which to keep either!

nemesis
    Free Member

I wouldn’t get black iridium except for road riding in bright sunshine – it’s a very dark tint and no good for all round mtbing in my view (I’ve had it in the past).

Grey I found good as an all rounder but I haven’t tried the polarised one but wouldn’t expect it to be that much benefit offroad.

I’d keep grey if you’ve got both already.

gazhurst
    Free Member

Sell both and get Prizm trail. You’ll never look back

nemesis
    Free Member

From what I’ve heard, that’s probably right…

freeagent
    Free Member

I had a look through the Prizm road lenses at the airport shop earlier this week.
    They are now on my shopping list.

smatkins1
    Free Member

For off road riding I’ve got some clear-black Oakley photochromic lenses in mine and I can highly recommend them. Very versatile.

Transition lenses make sense when we spend so much time switching between being out in the open and under varying degrees of tree cover.

nemesis
    Free Member

They do (I have them) but the change is far from instant

The-Beard

I’ll probably keep one of the them for bright days, depends on which one sells first I suppose as there seems to be so little between them. I do fancy the Prizm trail lenses, they look good.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Try VR28. Still my favourite lens as an all rounder.

igm

Prizm lenses to go in my very genuine honest gov cut price Jawbones? Looks like £55.

Might do that.

rondo101
    Free Member

Black Iridium are good in bright sunshine, but no good in dappled light (under trees in sunshine) or overcast days.

I know this isn’t on your options list, but Prism trail are excellent when the foliage is green & your trail is red-brown. They provide an excellent contrast between the two colours and in the detail on the trail itself.

thepurist

Check our Revant optics and Fuse as well. Both make after market lenses for Oakley. They aren’t Chinese knock offs, it’s the same business model as people other than Audi making spare parts for your car.

dhrider
    Free Member

Ive just bought racing jackets with prizm trail lens. Going to try them out on Sunday but I am amazed at how they brighten everything when trying them on and the extra clarity.

Ive also bought black iridium lens for normal sunglasses use but as stated above for MTB they are quite dark in forests etc.

shredder
    Free Member

Ive had the prizm trail lenses for a few months now. Finding them excellent to be honest from bright to tree cover thumbs up.

variflex
    Free Member

prism all the way. fantastic

jam1e
    Free Member

Prizm lenses make even the cloudiest day seem bright and happy

RoterStern
    Free Member

Prism lenses here, too but the roadie variety. Gives excellent contrast. Mine are the road version and one thing I do find is when the light is less bright (when it’s cloudy for example) it gives the impression of it being dusk. It’s had me panicking a few times thinking the sun is setting with me being miles from home without lights.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

so where’s the best place to purchase prizm trail lenses then? i want a set for my racing jackets…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Oakley lens advice’ is closed to new replies.