Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Oakley Half Jackets or Tifosi Veloce – any good for riding?
  • wl
    Free Member

Looking at some cut-price Oakley Half Jackets 2.0 XLs to get prescription lenses fitted in – anyone use these for riding – any good in terms of wind, misting etc? Can’t try them on before ordering, hence the question. Also interested in Tifosi Veloce. Ta.

hammerite
    Free Member

I’ve worn half jackets for road riding for years. Never had a problem. I tend not to wear them riding in the woods as my lenses are just too dark when in shaded patches.

wl
    Free Member

hammerite – thanks for this. I’ll be getting clear lenses as I prefer them and I need them for all conditions, mainly dismal Yorkshire grey. It’s for mountain biking, but if they’re good for road, they should be good for MTB too I guess.

hammerite
    Free Member

The higher speeds on road mean that they’re less likely to fog up. But I have done some MTB on them including last week in Austria where I wasn’t riding in woods. They didn’t seem to fog up even when stopping to talk. Plus side for me is that they seem to sit a bit further forward than the wrap around style glasses – I have long eye lashes which means that with wrap around style the lenses get covered in a greasy sweaty mess after a little while riding.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I have used the Tifosi Veloce glasses for a few years now and they’re as good as anything I’ve had. I won’t claim I’ve never steamed them up, but they do a pretty fine job. Very light and comfy too. I use the Fototec Light Night lens which is a reactive lens that is usable at night and I don’t recall ever feeling the need for a darker tint during the day (although that could be a reflection of our “summer” weather).

These

scotroutes

I been using prescription Half Jacket XLJs for about 7 years (just recently changed prescription so now on my second set of lenses). I opted for the Grey Transitions which basically go transparent in the dark so good for day or night riding. Probably the best single “bike” upgrade I’ve ever spent money on.

wl
    Free Member

Thanks for this, useful info. Are people using prescription lenses and, if so, official ones from Oakley or third party like Ciliary Blue or RX Sport? Ta again.

hammerite
    Free Member

I’m wearing a normal polarised lens and contact lenses. So not prescription lenses.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Oakley Half Jackets or Tifosi Veloce – any good for riding?’ is closed to new replies.