Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Oakley Half Jackets Or Oakley Jawbones advice please
  • RD350LC
    Free Member

Now theres abit of sun coming was going to treat myself which are the better of the two Oakley Half Jackets Or Jawbones for both on the bike and casual also which lens to go for .
    cheers
    Mick

Stoner
    Free Member

I find jawbones too vulgar and too much frame material.

I have a few pairs of half jackets. Some with normal lenses shapes, some with XLJ which fit my face well.

Black iridium polarised are awesome, but expensive. Persimmon cheap and good for winter. Some V28 or somesuch are cheap as well. Just got some jackets with transition lenses in the factory seconds sale. They dont go very dark, but theyre OK.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Perhaps look at SplitJackets. A toned down Jawbone

I have a pair of FlakJacket XLJs with the transitions lens, as Stoner mentioned above. Good for almost everything bar the brightest sun.

Then again, I also have a whole big box of Oakley loveliness to choose from.

VR28 is the best single lens they make, IMO.

Oggles
    Free Member

Jawbones look ridiculous as a casual option. Bike only.

clubber
    Free Member

I’m very happy with my bargin jawbones but they’re bike only – they’d look awful for casual.

I swapped my VR28 for a transition G50 which has been pretty spot on so far.

LardLover
    Free Member

I love my Jawbones, so much that I wear them off the bike 😳 😳

They fit my face well (imho), and they’re not too dissimilar to my Monster Dog’s.

As for lenses? I got a custom pair for my birthday last year and they came with G30 Iridiums which are the only lense I have been using since getting the glasses.

If you can try them on as I find some Oakley’s don’t suit my face shape.

RD350LC
    Free Member

Where`s the best deals to get some from

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Sorry to be pushing items in teh Biek forum but I have a set of brand new jawbone frames (no lens) that I am looking to sell if your interested. They are silver and grey versions.

FWIW both myself and my girlfriend are both wearing Jawbones while riding and I wore mine most days last summer off the bike too!

LardLover
    Free Member

RD350LC – Member

Where`s the best deals to get some from

The States if you can 😳

I tried ordering the custom Oakleys on the US site. All was going well until it came to pay. It needed a US registered credit card (was going to get it posted to my brother-in-laws house in New York as my wife was popping over to visit her brother). I could have saved about £70-£80. Anyhoo, my wife popped into a Oakley store that did custom orders and got me what I wanted (proper roadie all white with red lenses – and bolts and icon 8) ).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Oakley Half Jackets Or Oakley Jawbones advice please’ is closed to new replies.