Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Oakley (Fakeley) Jawbone replacement lenses
  • frogrocket
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of the fake Oakley Jawbones from China and am looking around for replacement lenses.

Looks like Revant and Walleva are the most popular alternatives to Oakley lenses- anyone got any experience of using either of these? Or any recommendations for alternatives?

Particularly interested in transition style lenses.

Cheers all!

spicer
    Free Member

I have a fake and a real pair.
    Neither Revant or real lenses fit in my fake pair.
    The reflective coating started peeling off on all of my revant lenses, and then on the replacements…

frogrocket
    Free Member

Interesting, cheers for the warning.

Anyone had any success?

andylc
    Free Member

I’ve heard bad things about most of the Oakley alternative replacement lenses, but then that is comparing them to the real thing. Which you don’t have.

Superficial
    Free Member

You can put oakley lenses in the fake glasses, though it might need some filing. I have a pair of both – the frames are very similar but the lenses are worlds apart.

You can get Oakley lenses for £44 from here, including the new Prizm ones which may or may not interest you: https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productSearch.asp?freetext=racing+jacket&x=0&y=0
    (Admittedly transitions are more expensive)

lightman
    Free Member

Not all fakes are made the same, so some lenses could fit in one pair, but not another.
    Why not just buy another pair from ebay with 3 sets of lenses.

squoglybob
    Free Member

I had some Foakleys, the lenses that came with them were as good as the Gen ones, when they became damaged i replaced with some walleva ones, the Iridium style coating lifted straight off as the sweat that dripped from inside my helmet ran across the outside of the lense and lifted off as though Paint stripper had been applied to the lense.

Superficial
    Free Member

Not all fakes are made the same, so some lenses could fit in one pair, but not another.
    Why not just buy another pair from ebay with 3 sets of lenses.

I’m sure you’re right but most of the Jawbones I’ve seen have been basically identical to the real Oakleys, and everyone who has reported / compared says the lenses will fit with a bit of filing. I suspect at least 90% of all fake Jawbones come from the same mould.

The lenses that come with the fake ones are pretty terrible…

frogrocket
    Free Member

Cheers for all the replies so far, sounds like real Oakley lenses are the way to go.

Will give them a look and see if they fit…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Oakley (Fakeley) Jawbone replacement lenses’ is closed to new replies.