Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • O2 mobile question
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve just got my first ever contract phone (iPhone) after years on payg, on O2.
    Do my incusive texts roll over to the next month if I don’t use all of them?
    I can’t find this info on their website
    Cheers!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

No, they don’t…

But do you really send more than 1000 a month?

chela
    Free Member

Nope. Well mine don’t anyway.

And good luck trying to get through to a human being if/when you ring them up…

And you’ll appreciate it when they cut your phone off on a friday evening cuz of an error and can’t reconnect it till after the weekend…

Ah yes, that reminds me, I must ring 02 this morning…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m on the cheapest deal: I only get 125.
    TBH I don’t think I’ll use that many, but it’s nice to know to be sure…… And email is free!
    🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

My old payg was O2. Had it years and years without the slightest problem
    🙂
    This iPhone is the dogs danglies though. I love the way you just don’t get or need an instruction book.
    😀

takisawa2

How much a month is an iphone incidentally ?

cp

again, to just back up what has been said, minutes and texts dont roll over…

I’ve been more than happy with o2 – always spoken to someone, longest had to wait is probably about 20seconds and they’ve been really helpful and informative, and given money off without prompting.

service has been great too, and i’ve found i have coverage when mates on orange and vodafone, and certainly t-mobile dont.

i have an iphone too, and it’s fab!!

cp

i pay 35 quid, but got the phone (8gb) free

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m paying £30 but paid £96 for the 8 gig. I did the maths and that works out cheaper as I won’t use the phone and texts that much. 18 month contract

Teetosugars
    Free Member

cp – Member
    i pay 35 quid, but got the phone (8gb) free

takisawa2

£35 / £30 pm…!!!
    Bloody hell.
    I suppose its the going rate though I guess.
    Be a year or three before they come down to my meagre (tight-arsed) spending pot. 🙂

CountZero

I’ve been with O2 for years, never had a problem, never had calls cut off. Had my iPhone for six months, on £35 tarriff, phone cost £150 ‘cos it’s a 16Gb. Niftyest device I’ve ever had. Roll on OS3 next month.

wilma
    Free Member

I bought the 16Gb one on pay-and-go last October and am soon to switch to their sim only pay monthly deals.. 10 hours of calls, 1200 texts and unlimited web browsing for under £20…
    Give it 5 years and my scheme may pay off 😉
    Edit- awesome phone…amazing what they cram into it!

z1ppy

wilma, that’s what I had planned to do, but they seemed to reckon the web “bolt-on” on the contract sim isn’t as good as the “iphone” deal”, though by how much i couldn’t get them to tell me or if it would even matter that much…

Hanging on for the new iphone here, before i take the plunge… (so I can either get the great new features or get the old phone at a bargain price)

RegP
    Free Member

Is there actually going to be a new handset, (iphone) or is it not just going to be a software update? It is just as we are about to sign a new 24 month contract and don’t want to be stuck with old stock??

cp

the only confirmed news is software (v3)… only rumours about hardware…

peajay

I’m on £24 per month, 600mins 500texts unlimited internet, payed £57 for a 16gig, if you know anyone who works for Network Rail they can get you 30 percent discount on o2, thats what I did and got my wife and pal the discount aswell, it’s all above board, you just need a railway pal, writing this on the iphone and it’s brilliant!
    PJ.

Jolsa

£35 seems to be the going rate for iphones, Blackberrys and such like. I wouldn’t pay that much though – happily renegotiated my o2 contract to give me a free Nokia 5800 (which as far as I know does everything the above phones do: Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth etc), 1000 texts, 600 minutes, unlimited web data, all for £20 per month.

CountZero

There’s lots of evidence to support the rumours about a new handset. Apple always introduce updates each year, and it’s been June for the last two years at WWDC. Also, developers are finding lots of new features in OS3 which wouldn’t work with the existing phone, like video uploads, for example. Apple have also bought new camera chipsets, in 3.5 and 5Mp formats. However, the OS upgrades will extend the life of existing ‘phones for most people on existing contracts, like cut+paste, stereo Bluetooth, turn-by-turn GPS, to name a few. My contract runs till next May, so I’ll be ready for a fourth gen one by then. There’s a few apps some here might find handy, Bike Gears is useful if you run a SS, WeatherPro is pretty accurate, and gives satellite and radar views, PhotoGene lets you adjust pics after you’ve taken them, LastFM, obviously, and there’s a near app called iCarRadio which allows streaming radio stations including all BBC ones, over normal phone networks, not just 3G and WiFi. I was listening to Cerys Matthews on 6Music a while back, and the quality was remarkable, considering I work in a warehouse type building with steel walls that block normal radio signals pretty effectively, making a pocket DAB useless! Radio Times is a good app, as is Tioti TV+ which let’s you remote-programe a Sky+ box. Oh, there’s Ereader and Stanza, which let’s you buy and download and read ebooks, and download lots of free books as well; I think I’ve got over a hundred on my phone so far. [edit] I’ve just remembered Shazam, which works really well on the iPhone, and Wikiamo. [/edit]

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘O2 mobile question’ is closed to new replies.