Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • :o(
  • hora
    Free Member

First proper ride in almost 6weeks. Just after the top of Rushops Edge I was building speed before the stepdown bits on the trail, went for the gayest bunnyhop and came off at speed on stone with my hip and elbow.

Hurt like buggery for a while and my right hip still feels ‘on fire’ and felt abit sick….

…anyway rode the rest like a man fast. Why is it that you survive a fall you have no caution after?!!

Woke up this morning and I can feel the familiar feeling of a hairline crack in my upper arm (had this a few years ago and a xray confirmed). Plus I feel like I have a bit of whiplash and getting out of the car involves sliding/kinda falling out 😆

So no riding for a few weeks! Still met some lovely blokes at the start of the ride who rode with me 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I can feel the familiar feeling of a hairline crack in my upper arm

Another successful diagnosis doctor.

hora
    Free Member

Same, pull or try to lift anything or lift my arm- same place as last time.

tollah
    Free Member

🙁 indeed

tree-magnet
    Free Member

If you broke your arm, but didn’t feel any pain till the next day I’d be very surprised.

hora
    Free Member

I felt it but carried on and put it down to pulling my shoulder/arm. Last time I commuted for a week with it before going to A&E. Hairline is different. I’ve had a proper break before and relatively managed ok.

Its ribs or dental pain that I suffer.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh dear. That’s sure to affect your ability to get your wallet out of your pocket whilst in the pub, isn’t it?

See, should’ve paid me my £80. Thought you could knock me, did you? Now look what’s happened.

hora
    Free Member

Tis ok, I’ll be riding next weekend if I can 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

i’d give up riding if i was you Hora, your body cannae take it capt’n

wwaswas

is it your decorating arm?

hora
    Free Member

Thankfully not.

wwaswas

at least you’re saved some of the domestic comment that follows a painful off then.

My daughter was 3 months old when I came off and broke my hip. That was a tricky call home from the back of a 4×4 ambulance, although I was a bit confused initially and suggested I’d be home as soon as I got my breath back.

spacemonkey

met some lovely blokes

Wrong.

spacemonkey

If you broke your arm, but didn’t feel any pain till the next day I’d be very surprised.

One of my mates once had a drunken altercation with an underpass, i.e he fell over a railing and landed about 15+ft onto concrete. Complained about his arm for 2-3 days but still went to work (mechanic, so very “hands on”) – eventually went to A&E whereupon he learned he had indeed broken it.

FTR, I’ve broken my wrists 3 or 4 times, and each time I knew about it. Some breaks are just different.

hora
    Free Member

Yes. Its now bloody clicking. Last time it happened the Doc said ‘no real point plastering it up- it’ll hinder you more, just take it easy’.

So yesterday I went and picked up a new fridge freezer and unloaded/dragged it into the house 🙄

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Still met some lovely blokes at the start of the ride who rode me 🙂

Thankful for small mercies, eh?

snakebite
    Free Member

Yes. Its now bloody clicking. Last time it happened the Doc said ‘no real point plastering it up- it’ll hinder you more, just take it easy’.

So yesterday I went and picked up a new fridge freezer and unloaded/dragged it into the house

I bet you shave with a Bowie knife…

philconsequence
    Free Member

petrol strimmer or combine harvester… real mens beards need real machinery… not poxy puny girly knives

hora
    Free Member

No no, been nagged all week and procrastinated.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What an absolute idiot you truly are, Hora. 🙄

epicyclo

Elfinsafety – Member
    What an absolute idiot you truly are, Hora.

Nah, he’s obviously MTFUed, and as a result is now FUed.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Serious case of man-flu is now imminent. 😉

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘:o(’ is closed to new replies.