Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Nylon bars and post…. Very bendy.
  • charliedontsurf

Hope this link works. http://video.ak.fbcdn.net/cfs-ak-ash4/345614/922/293014234044260_26342.mp4?oh=213acc715758ef6da06a468d618893a6&oe=4EA1FB00&__gda__=1319238400_1d582549eda3caae681a9be21600a51f

They are home made nylon bars. Looks scary, rides ok ish, I think there is something in the concept, ti seatposts work well, but this does need more work.

Link to Facebook video

thebaker
    Free Member

Interesting concept there Charlie. How do they feel with suspension forks? Which reacts first? I would assume the forks if they are relatively sensitive?

What do you think the next development is? Any idea on breaking point and fatigue?

Sorry just realised thats just a list of questions! Interested to see these develop though.

Cheers!

Dave

cynic-al
    Free Member

Proper stupid.

And I KNOW my stupid.

Stoner
    Free Member

seat post I get, but bars would be horrible.

I got one of those bargin 3TTT stems from O-O the other day. Noodly as hell, came straight off (no wonder their unsold NOS). Nothing worse than having the bars twisty when honking the SS.

charliedontsurf

They were on a rigid bike but the bars would be first to give.

Breaking point: the guy gas been racing on them and using the
    Since the spring. So wherever the breaking point is it’s not yet.

The weirdest thing is that they flex in all directions, inc forward wheb going down steps. If you inserted a leaf spring inside you could limit it to just bending up and down. I also think they flex too much, but if you made these commercially you would make them in various bender ratings: soft for skinny folk – stiff for fatties.

The seatpost was actually very nice. I like ti posts as they flex. Thud busters are great when touring. Niner gave a new flexier carbon post. There is something in this nylon concept.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Yup. That seatpost looks… quite interesting. 8)

Handlebars look lethal 😯

wwaswas

would the degree of flex change with temperature?

I can see you losing fillings on iced up rutted paths in winter and clapping your hands together under the top tube at the height of summer…

Pieface

Make sure they’re OS otherwsie you’ll lose all the steering sensitvity

charliedontsurf

They probably are tempeture sensitive. But so I am I.

snipswhispers
    Free Member

Maybe the bendy seatpost would have some therapeutic value on static bikes/ turbo trainers as a means of promoting lower back suppleness?

I’m not a physio. so its just idle speculation on my part.

Likewise I do know people who have come out of car crashes etc. with one leg shorter than the other and gave up cycling as it has become too uncomfortable.

Maybe a bendy seatpost would help in that respect?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Nylon bars and post…. Very bendy.’ is closed to new replies.