• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • NuuN tablet alternative requested.
  • Wally

Mrs Wally has thrown out my stockpile of NuuN tablets due to them being out of date. I tried to explain they were never going to be “out of date”, but then remembered rule number one of surviving holidays together.

Quick google reveals a bit of a shortage of the tablets, what’s the story?
    Also any good alternatives you have found?

Mister-P
    Free Member

They have switch distributor from Madison to Extra so there may be short a break in supply.

brassneck

High 5 versions are alreet. I’m quite sweaty and they do the trick

allthepies
    Free Member

Pretty much any electrolyte tablet. SiS Go Hydro for example.

mrblobby
    Free Member

You could get a 500g bag of electrolyte powder from myprotein for 15 quid. You use about 1g per water bottle so it’s pretty good value!

joat

Wiggle had some good deals on High5 and Sis recently. I prefer Nuun, but they work out a bit expensive at RRP.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Also any good alternatives you have found?

Getting fitter, eating healthy food, drinking water.

Amazing what you can do without marketing

legend
    Free Member

50:50 fruit juice and water with a bit of salt

stumpy01

Aldi do them for about £2 a tube of 20. Dunno if it’s only when they have their cycling promotion on, but they add a tasty zing to your water bottle.

stevious

I lke nuun because they’re less weet than most of the others. Have some SIS ones now that are tolerable. The high 5 ones are vile.

Wally

Just paid £15 for one tube, yes one tube. It’s OK, I will take it out of Mrs Wally’s weekly allowance. I like NuuN, they don’t make my bottle reek, don’t affect my eczema and essentially stop the very painful post four/five hour of riding cramp.

singletracksurfer

£15!?!?!

A few flavours, available in single packs, and below RRP here http://www.roughrideguide.co.uk/Nuun-tablets—various-flavours

Wally

Whoops, OK I have now have enough for the next 5 years, or next big clear out.

TiRed

When did salt go out of date? 😯

SIS offer the same, so do others. I personally like the now discontinued Green Tea flavour and have stockpiles.

I also use SIS energy drink in moderation as I have found this to be much less irritating to my insides.

Drac

Water and a bag of salted peanuts.

psycorp
    Free Member

I make my own. 1 potassium/vit c tablet, a bit of sea salt, a little sugar and a bit of squash in a large bottle.

Does the trick for me.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Water and a bag of salted peanuts

Since when did you turn into an Elephant Lee? 😯 😆

Drac

Only hung like one.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘NuuN tablet alternative requested.’ is closed to new replies.