Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Nutrition advice (Running, weights, gym content) – iDave to the forum?
  • willard

Well, it had to happen sooner or later. After three years of living in the area I’ve finally joined what passes for a gym in the sticks, mainly to get fit enough to make a decent go of a few 10k races I have planned this year (first one in April), a potential half marathon, and maybe a triathlon. That’s all just running and general cardio stuff though. I’m also doing a fair lot of weights in an attempt to get some more muscle for the stuff I do with the TA, and to get back into the shape I was in after I finished my training.

Anyway, after looking through a lot of running and general fitness magazines, I’m wondering whether taking that whey protein stuff would be any help to me in both recovering from sessions and also building up muscle. The fat I built up over winter is gradually going, but anything I can do to shift the balance further in my favour is going to be a bonus.

Aims? I want to be able to run faster and for longer than I can now, and when I am carrying weight, I’d like to be able to carry it more easily.

If anyone has any experience of using whey, or anything else like it, for this sort of use, or thinks I’m being daft taking the stuff, I’d appreciate some advice.

Cheers.

Shandy
    Free Member

I take the MyProtein Total Protein in the morning, two scoops, shaken up in a pint of milk. I have the Recovery stuff in milk after exercise. Doing this and making sure I do some intervals and circuits every week, I generally hold muscle better and am much better at putting down short bursts of effort and recovering quickly.

If you’re trying to get functional strength for the TA you might want to stick to compound lifts and make sure your core strength keeps up with improvements elsewhere.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Nutrition advice (Running, weights, gym content) – iDave to the forum?’ is closed to new replies.