Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Numpty/Newbie Trainerroad and getting started
  • vondally
    Free Member

okay as a complete techno luddite can people please explain to me what I need for Trainer road simply…..

I have

Bike
    Turbo trainer Tack blue motion
    PC
    Garmin Edge 305

I will need

sub to trainer road

then do a

usb ant stick to go in the computer…if so what one
    a sensor for the rear wheel and a ant devices…if so which one

Have I missed something?

then it all downloads talks to each other and I see how unfit I am……….. :oops:??????

akak
    Free Member

Yes you are right. I have a Suunto movestick mini and Garmin GSC10 which is a common combination. You will certainly also need a fan and you may need a usb extension lead in order to place the dongle closer to the sensor.

The computer needs to have an internet connection.

trevorderuise
    Free Member

So it looks like all you’ll need is an ANT+ USB and a speed/cadence sensor. Check out this article for some recommended options of both: http://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/201542504-Minimum-Hardware

While the Garmin is awesome for riding outdoors and simply recording your indoor rides on another platform, you don’t need it in order to us TR. You will connect your speed sensor straight to the app and you’ll be off and running. Oh, and the suggestion above for a fan is a good one 🙂

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Trevor from TrainerRoad

vondally
    Free Member

Cheers Trevor

dunmail
    Free Member

A quick question – what setting do folk use/recommend for power smoothing?

I’ve set it to 5 seconds as a start, seems like a reasonable balance between the output reading being too jittery and updating reasonably quickly when you change between efforts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Numpty/Newbie Trainerroad and getting started’ is closed to new replies.