Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Numpty VW radio question
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

I have a Passat fitted with a Gamma radio which is doing my head in. How do I turn the damn traffic reports off? It seems to find something to interupt my cd every 5 minutes! It looks like this if that helps.

wwaswas

RDS button, I'm fairly sure.

badblood
    Free Member

RDS is Radio Data System – tells you the station name

I would try pressing and holding the TIM button

cp

or press and hold tp – you see tp is displayed on your screen… you prob don't want that showing

steveh

What cp said.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

only way i've found is to press TP then tune it to a frequency with no radio station. There doesn't seem to be the option to turn it off, not sure if i've tried holding the TP button down but IIRC that just sets the TP volume

Drac

Hold on that might be the same as the standard radio in my Bora, I'll nip and get the manual when I get a second.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

the manual doesn't help

it's a german radio, they wouldn't want to turn the traffic info off as there's never any traffic to report

Irish_AL
    Free Member

Simply press the FM 1-2 button to switch to FM mode.

TP mode is FM with traffic announcemts switched on. This is distinct to the TA indicator on the Gamma display that shows that the current station (in FM or TP mode) is capable of broadcasting traffic announcements.

Drac

Manual says " Is is possible to switch off the traffic-announcements mode permanently by exiting TP mode" what ever that means.

Irish_AL
    Free Member

oh and……

If you leave the TA on when you turn the engine off, it'll record travel info broadcasts for 2hours. When you get back to the car you can then play them back!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

only if you press the TIM button

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

*bookmarks page*

I regularly bang it with my knee and spend weeks cursing that "ping" followed by local tin-pot radio DJs droning on about "sheer weight of traffic".

Mister-P
    Free Member

I will have a fiddle with it when I get home and report back.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I had that in my Polo – seem to recall TIM was for telling it to record traffic, and TP was for listening to them.

press and hold tp – you see tp is displayed on your screen… you prob don't want that showing

sounds about right – but then press FM1-2 after to go back to normal fm mode

porterclough
    Free Member

TP = Traffic Protocol

Press and hold while on an FM channel until TP dissapears from display

Mister-P
    Free Member

Sorted! Thanks collective wisdom.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

AWWWW COME ON

at least tell us how 😆

dominichep
    Free Member

I joined this forum just to answer the question as the last person in the thread hadn't spilled the beans and I understand just how frustrating this problem is after sitting in my car with a torch late at night. Loads on the internet about this if yo Google it.

Anyway, the answer is very straightforward. Just press the FM 1/2 button and the large 'TP' display symbol should change to 'FM 1'. This is like the picture above.

This is not to be confused with the smaller TP symbol on the display (just above in the picture). This is always present when the transport programme signal is being received.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Numpty VW radio question’ is closed to new replies.