Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • numpty question.can i take a bike to my local recycling centre?
  • racefaceec90

i have an old mongoose fireball that i want to take to my local recycling centre in devizes (as i won’t be riding it anymore/it needs a lot of work doing to it also).have looked on their website to see what they accept,but there is no mention of bicycles.
    thanks in advance 🙂

z1ppy

try locating a local bike charity instead, it’ll be put to better use.

carlosg
    Free Member

most recycle centres have a metal skip, my local normally has a few bikes in it.

or you could stick it on freecycle or your local gumtree and give it to someone to do up.

racefaceec90

actually i would rather give the bike to someone than just throw it away.will look into that 🙂 thanks for the advice 😀

TooTall
    Free Member

Bristol Bike Project would be my recommendation. Lovely people, wonderful work.

butcher

Yep, recycling center should take it, but I’m with the others. Be good to see it in capable hands, where it can be revived.

racefaceec90

have just put a thread up on my local mountain bike forum for anyone who wants it for free (devizes wilts).am pretty sure that someone will 🙂 thanks again 😀

MrAgreeable

I see from your profile that you’re in Wiltshire [/stalker]. If that’s still correct Jolerider are based near you.

http://www.jolerider.org/index.php/us/contact

Your bike could be transporting some kids in the Gambia to school instead of languishing in a skip somewhere. I think they ask for a £10 donation on top of the bike to cover shipping costs, and deter people from using them as a dumping service, but I’m sure a forum whip-round could cover that.

logical
    Free Member

I saw a website ages ago that does recycled bike parts. Can’t remember what it was called. I remember it had a white background and a blue bike that you could click on to find parts.
    Anyone know what it was called?

DezB
    Free Member

Recycling centres always have a bunch of bikes for sale. Usually up to a tenner, so they’ll take it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘numpty question.can i take a bike to my local recycling centre?’ is closed to new replies.