Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Numpty Ebay/Paypal Q
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Hi

Im selling something a bit quirky on Ebay
    It will probably go for about 20-30 quid

Ive just been PM’d by a French bloke asking if I’ll ship it to his mate in the UK who’s just about to visit him

Now call me paranoid but would shipping to an address not belonging to his Paypal account leave me open to any scamming? Or do I just need to chill out a bit and have another coffee? Any further advice welcome, especially relating to this topic!

Cheers

paladin

He should get his mate to buy it from you, then you’re covered.

nickjb
    Free Member

It would leave you a little more open to them claiming non delivery. It’d be easy for them to add an address to their PayPal so ask if they will do that before shipping.

ricky1
    Free Member

He’s probably telling the truth but there’s always a chance of a scam,I had the same experience a few months ago where some guy wanted me to send it to another address other than the one on his paypal account,I just said no and took the item off eBay straight away so he couldn’t buy it.
    You will find the majority of people on here don’t use eBay anymore due to the scammers and eBay just being dicks to sellers because technically once your item is sold and has been paid for it doesn’t belong to you anymore.
    On another note iff you want to send it then go ahead but your not protected by eBay or paypal,hope this helps.

wwaswas

I suspect shipping to anything other than the registered paypal address leaves you open to a challenge of non-delivery with no recourse.

You may decide that for £30 you’ll take the risk.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Numpty Ebay/Paypal Q’ is closed to new replies.