Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Numo air bed valve adapter / bike pump?
  • ragpuddin
    Free Member

Is there such a thing as a general air bed valve adapter, suitable to fit on a manual blow up Alpkit Numo air bed valve – that works with a regular bike presta / schrader mini pump?

Brain says it’s 2015 and there must be, google says every other type of adapter exists but that. Know any different? Thanks.

trail_rat
    Free Member

how many volumes of a mini pump would it take to inflate a numo…… – to answer that think about how many mini pumps would fit inside a numo….i wouldnt even fancy doing it with a track pump…..

there in lies the reason why such a conversion doesnt exist.

ragpuddin
    Free Member

Even if you do the bulk of the work yourself and half or 2/3 inflate it, there’d still be a use for a small plastic adapter that fits over the valve to finish the job off with modest pumps, I would have thought.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Thermarest do an adaptor which you fit to a dry bag or similar and use the bag to fill the mat. Should fit a Numo okay … just remember it’s a DIY job though and may require a level of artistry / bodging.

trail_rat
    Free Member

is the design of the numo that bad then ?

no issue getting the thermarest neoair up to working pressure. the difference between 2/3rds inflated and pressured is only a couple of breathes , the hard works getting the volume of air in before any pressures taken.

ragpuddin
    Free Member

I haven’t got the Numo yet but I’m bike packing shopping and I’ve got everything lined up ready to pull the trigger, and I’m just looking at the small things and noted that the last chamber on the Numo was a marginal ball-ache to inflate – hence the thought and question.

That NeoAir® AirTap Pump looks a great idea, I’m sure I can bodge that no problem. Thanks for that tip off.

bones
    Free Member

no issue getting the thermarest neoair up to working pressure. the difference between 2/3rds inflated and pressured is only a couple of breathes , the hard works getting the volume of air in before any pressures taken.

I’m happy to squander pocket the saved money and expel my waste breath into the numo for a minute.

ragpuddin
    Free Member

Yeah, but I don’t care what you think when I’m shagged at the end of a long days riding. And I’ve already got a couple of spare Exped dry bags knocking about.

tallie
    Free Member

No, not in my experience, I’ve had one for 4-5 years and never found it an issue. It would however stop you getting moisture from your breath inside the numo which may be a reason to do it if such things bother you; that’s only really an issue with down mats though.

Personally when bike packing / canoe or lightweight camping I prefer the minimum faff which for me is just blowing it up the traditional way…

The-Beard

I just got a numb and it does take a fair few breaths to inflate but for the money I really can’t complain and it packs down so small it is worth the effort. Not sure how warm it will be though.

ragpuddin
    Free Member

5/6 quid, couple of grams, takes up no room and a bag(s) that weigh nothing and I’m likely to be carrying anyway, for an inflation option when knackered seems a no brainer to me.

That moisture issue that people seem to moan about does seem to be an issue acknowledged by Alpkit though, I’ve read different things on it, I’m not particularly bothered about it myself.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Numo air bed valve adapter / bike pump?’ is closed to new replies.