Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Number Plate transfer – dealer has messed it up – advice please…
  • RichPenny
    Free Member

On the way back I looked admiringly at my new car, resplendent with its (very realistic-looking) number plate on the back saying GAY 80Y

Bet you paid a fortune for that!

higgo
    Free Member

M6TTF – Member
    Hope you get it sorted – I like personalised plates too, they’re a bit harmless fun imo

And you drive past me every now and again.

xiphon
    Free Member

Badger ‘of tubless fame’ = Andy (can’t remember his second name)

Had the er.. pleasure of meeting him once. I wanted to punch him within 30 seconds.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Personal plates? There used to be a blonde lady who drove a Merc round Edinburgh with the registration 10 NOB which had two black screws to make “inch” marks after the 10. I was always puzzled why a female would have this number, I assume she was taking the wotsit.

higgo
    Free Member

p’raps she was only a lady from the waist up?

M6TTF
    Free Member

higgo – Member
    M6TTF – Member
    Hope you get it sorted – I like personalised plates too, they’re a bit harmless fun imo

Ahh really 🙂 – that’ll be the wife, I’ve never got around to transferring it to my current motor. You local then?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Different people like different things!

Whits the ploblem?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

No problem, just leg pulling here.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I would leave it to the dealer to sort out, his problem, he can always register the car to the dealership & then put you down as the nominee on the retention doc. Yes it will take time, but it won’t hurt you, his loss.
    Just be clear that he has to give you the plate back or you will be suing for loss etc.

On a different tact I met the badger at sleepless once, he seemed nice enough to me 🙂

iainc

all sorted I think, went to DVLA office, new V5 on it’s way to me, with the car back in my name so dealer sorts out retention and then transfer.

Shame i don’t have spare keys…I could go and pick ‘my car’ up from the garage and sell it to someone else… 😆 joking of course !

coffeeking
    Free Member

That has already been discussed – yes you can spend £89 on a mountain bike or you can spend £5,000> but you will get better performance out of a £5k bike

Yeah, but you can buy a car with a regular number plate and it will identify your car, or you can buy one that makes you smile when you walk to your car for a little bit extra. It serves a purpose.

FWIW it doesn’t really disguise a cars age, as you can only fit plates that look older, so it’s always going to immediately raise the question “so what year is it exactly, as it’s not a /whatever year/ plate” in a sale.

I don’t have one, but I can’t help but laugh at those squeezing out some hatred 🙂

johnners
    Free Member

all sorted I think, went to DVLA office, new V5 on it’s way to me, with the car back in my name so dealer sorts out retention and then transfer.

Those useless Public Servants strike again. Luckily the Private Sector component of this affair had their **it together.

Oh, hang on…

higgo
    Free Member

M6TTF – Member

higgo – Member
    M6TTF – Member

Ahh really – that’ll be the wife, I’ve never got around to transferring it to my current motor. You local then?
    [quote]
    Macc.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Number Plate transfer – dealer has messed it up – advice please…’ is closed to new replies.