Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Nukeproof TR275, anyone got one?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Yeah I still haven’t parted company with my cash and so I’m still looking. Any thoughts on sizing and actually how it rides?
    Thanks in advance.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Bump?

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

ive rode a large (team bike) with a 50mm stem and it felt just right for me 6’0 with 6’3 armspan, great bike too by the way, felt much lighter than my Mega AM but I wouldn’t swap

wheeleeneelee
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for a year now – great bike . I’m 5’11” and have a size Large. I thought about the AM but everyone I spoke to recommended the TR and I’ve never felt like I needed “more bike” . I’ve kept it standard spec except for swapping 36t chainring for a 34t and going tubeless with Stans strips.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Ive a 26, so minutely different.

I think of it as something that does not allow me an excuse, ever.

No excuse for not being fast up or along or down, no excuses for not riding big gaps and full on dh tracks. Real fun too.

5ft10 on a large, 50mm stem.

Most maintence and creak free bike ive had

stevede
    Free Member

Real tempted by a 26″ tr frame,I’d also go large with maybe a 40mm stem at 5’10, think it could replace my ti slackline (which i’d sell to fund it) as my fun trail bike. I’ve got an alpine 160 as my bigger bike but as awesome as it is I prefer the liveliness of a shorter travel bike on the local jumpy stuff and dicking about in the woods, it would also have to do longer rides but I reckon I can get it sub 30lbs without making it fragile. Eyes peeled for a large frame second hand over the next few months now.
    Dean – what shock are you running on yours?

freeridenick
    Free Member

I have a 26in.

5ft9 and small frame with Pikes, flow ex, 1*10 etc = dead on 30lbs

Very capable as Dean says. and mucho fun. I also have the AM which is a very different beast – but the TR is far better in 99% of UK situations

deanfbm
    Free Member

I had a 2013 monarch rt3, that broke, knew warranty would take a while, got db air cs, after a while I got a warranty replacement for the monarch, 2015 monarch rt3 debonair with a firmer tune, tried it out, sold the cane creek.

The cane creek isnt tosh, it has no rebound stack on the main piston, could not get rebound right, would just pack down in rough or be too bucky on the jumps.

The new monarch is more supple, more supportive and jumps better.

jimjam
    Free Member

wrightyson

Any thoughts on sizing and actually how it rides?
    Thanks in advance.

I’m 5’9 and rode my mates large which had a 60mm stem and 780mm bars. I would be okay with large with a 50mm stem and 740mm bars, but as it was, just a bit of a stretch.

Geometry was good but I felt the ride uninspiring. Suspension performance felt a bit analog coming from a horst link with a rp23. Not bad for a cheap bike though.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Not bad for a cheap bike though.

I’ve tried and owned many expensive “good” bikes, even been demoing some similar apparently miles better bikes recently, my conclusion is the TR is good regardless of how little or how much it costs.

That’s not just defending because it’s my own bike, im really surprised by it, a few of my mates with them in various wheel/frame sizes also agree.

You also mention RP23 as a plus point? Really!!!!!

muddyfunster
    Free Member

deanfbm

freeridenick
    Free Member

They aren’t really cheap now. the 15 model is £1449 frame only with an inline.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at the crc variety with nearly a grand off. Seems a lot of bike for that money. I’m 5,10 32 inch leg and the “chart” says medium however I’ve read one review saying they come up a little short.

crashmagnet
    Free Member

I’ve got the 26″ 2013 version from CRC and love it. Put hope 4 pots on it and an XT m770 2 x 9 chained 150mm fox forks, 750mm wide bars. Love it.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

They aren’t really cheap now. the 15 model is £1449 frame only with an inline.

That’s because NP realized they were onto something when the original sold like hotcakes at 850 quid. The original is a bloody classic, shame really, I thought they were going to buck the trend and produce bikes that didn’t look like halfords jobs with decent geometry and dirt cheap prices.

Luckily, they end up being massively discounted at the end of the year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof TR275, anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.