Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • nukeproof scout 290
  • Rorschach
    Free Member

………….it’s in Dutch…………..

Rorschach
    Free Member

Also can’t ignore the fact that the Nukeproof will be discounted the day after I buy it.

thedude
    Free Member

Yeah it’s Dutch but google chrome auto translates and it’s more about the good quality pictures. I was also considering the fast forward, but I need a bike before March. I’m with you on the discount thing.

fingerbang
    Free Member

Hi, I’ve managed to get one proper ride on it and was very pleased, although can’t do an in depth tech review because its my first proper go on a 29er and don’t have much perspective to offer. (And cos I couldn’t do one anyway :-))

the only issue I have is my chainline, which is probably nothing to do with the frame. Im running the chain ring a gnats whisker (less than 1mm)away from the chain stay just to keep the chain line reasonably okay so if I get a bent tooth then the stay will be flayed to death. It might be the hollowtech BB which has a champered end on the BB facing outer seal and this pushes it outwards. I don’t have money to experiement with different set ups so Ill just put up with the noise and the wonky chain line for now. Bit ****

the XL sizing is spot on for me and certainly not too slack. Love it! Most of my riding is from the door nowadays so its good to have a bike that eats up the road and gets it out the way

I wouldn’t be too bothered about a CRC discount, its currently £314 (with BC discount) so its cheap enough.

Northwind

Saw an ad for a CRC demo tour around the country where they’ll have these and the other Nukeproofs, it does cost a fiver but I’ll definitely be signing up to try this and the mega 29er… Thought it might be of interest

Rorschach
    Free Member

Screw it.Borrowed a BC code and emptied the PP account.Photos about 40 minutes after unboxing it (about how long it’ll take me to build it).

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Only 6 pre-orders came in the beginning of the month, so doubtful anyone knows the weight.. All the rest due January, im edging closer & closer to ordering one.. I’m just about to return some 46mm offset pikes, that were sold as 51mm.. I’d assume the frame was designed around the later off-set. Wheels, Dt Swiss hubs if you can afford them, hope if not, would be my choice with a set of stan’s rims

Don’t bother, the more offset, the more deflecty the forks are through rough stuff. The 66 degree head angle on that Scout is nowhere near slack enough to offset that massive 51mm offset, I find that even 46mm is too much on my 27.5 65 degree head angled bike.

taxi25
    Free Member

Mine came with the 46mm off-set forks. The front wheel seems miles out front, wouldn’t go with 51mm unless thats what I already had.
    Weight wise my pro spec came in at just over 27.5 lbs out of the box without pedals. I’d imagine the large frame is at least 5 lbs.

fingerbang
    Free Member

mine has 46mm offset forks and CRC (fwiw) recommended the 46 mm standard offset

z1ppy

But it’s Nukeproof who recommend a 51mm offset fork. Already got one on my slack FS & don’t have issues with that.. Still umming over whether to get one of these, as my current HT is ok.. May just wait until next autumn & get one reduced as per NW’s post

thedude
    Free Member

I have joined the club and got a frame. I went for the xl and it looks great. I found this deal and just sold the seatpost for over a £100 on eBay making the frame very cheap. The shipping was free and they sent me free gt85. The other thing that was handy is I called them to check seat tube length and the guy measured it for me.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Crap photo.
    Taken a bit longer than anticipated to build between being ill (having to constantly run to the loo slows you down a bit),the hose on my reverb being 2″ too short and realising I’d given/thrown away a few of the components I had intended to use 😐

Rorschach
    Free Member

Crap photo 2

cokie

Thread revival!
    I’m going to sell up my Superfly. Fantastically fast bike, but I prefer more playful geometry and longer travel.

The Scout looks good! Geometry seems okay and the specs okay too.
    How are people getting on with their Scouts? Is the frame playful? Easy to manual?

Rorschach, how does it compare to the Yelli?

warns74
    Free Member

Bit of a thread revival but keen to see how people are getting on with these now?
    How are those that bought the XL finding it? Im verging on 6’5″ and wondering if it’s big enough?

thedude
    Free Member

I love this bike, I have heard some say it’s super stiff, but with a 30mm internal width rim and a 2.4 it feels great. The geometry allows you to get pretty wild and not die. I don’t struggle to manual it but I think if you are short you might.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘nukeproof scout 290’ is closed to new replies.