Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Nukeproof Reactor Lights – anyone using these?
  • yossarian
    Free Member

Was dead set on an exposure enduro but have had my head turned by these.

anyone used one? how big is the battery pack?

toons
    Free Member

didn't score well in mbuk

Gary_M
    Free Member

Are they not exactly the same as the latest lights on one are selling only more expensive?

STATO
    Free Member

I wondered what Brant's tweet was about

Are friends electric? Not when they're reviewing your new lights

are STW followers not going to burn MBUK to the ground now?

Swiftacular
    Free Member

A mate of mine has one (from our lbs), and although not a patch on my Trout LL mk1, its considerably better than a Hope Vision 4 (another riding pal has one). Nice packaging and presentation too (lovely biscuit tin).

He did have to send the first one back though as it broke in some way (honestly cant remember how, battery connection or something).

brant
    Free Member

MBUK comments puzzled me a bit.

"hefty battery" – well yes, as they had the four cell model it is reasonably sized, but if size is an issue, a two cell is available.

"hour short on run time" – the battery needs to be charged, discharged (aka conditioned) a few times to get full burn time in my experience.

"double click problems" – perhaps they should read the instructions; it's pretty simple.

"non split bar clamp problems removing" – not sure why you'd need to do this as the light QR's off the bracket – you don't need to take the bracket off the bars.

Also, notably, they fail to mention the battery power level indicator (we have it, Hope and others, it's noted, don't have)

And finally I don't understand why we got 4/10 for "life" with a 3hr burn time (without the battery being conditioned).

Anyhow.

Huxley555
    Free Member

Did seem a bit harsh that review.

Brant how about knocking up a 4 s2 xpg version now that would be a good light, 1600 max lumens should be fun. 😀

Northwind

If they'd said "Not massively better than the £50 Dealextreme light, and three times as expensive" that'd have made some sense at least, but the criticisms in the review just seemed daft. Then, this is the same review that gave the Leddite 10/10 for value despite it being a DX light with a different charger and a 300% markup, so…

Huxley555
    Free Member

Hey nw hows those excavators getting on. 😉

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Does Brant pay to advertise the lights in MBUK?

I guess not hence the poor review.

Bet those who advertise with them got good reviews (as normal)

Northwind

JohnClimber, you're having a laugh, there's a full page Nukeproof ad for this exact light in this issue, and Nukeproof/Hotlines are long term advertisers! I didn't see a Lupine ad, and there's no Tiger or Leddite adverts, yet those are the same 3 test winners. So, get over the conspiracy theory bull**** at your leisure 😉

Huxley- best back tyre I've ever had 😉

Shandy
    Free Member

Obviously there are some very experienced magazine bike testers about, but I doubt they are the guys reviewing the 15 sets of lights/23 pairs of keks/9 hardtails for £600.

9 out of ten for the SX Trail, and the review is accompanied by the tester "ripping it up" with about 574mm of seatpost sticking out of the frame. Or "the toughest bike test ever", which basically involved blagging a very nice Trek to take over to Europe and for an enduro.

Huxley555
    Free Member

Yeah i know nw i suggested it to you. 😉

Northwind

Ah, was that yourself? Thanks!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Reactor Lights – anyone using these?’ is closed to new replies.