Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Nukeproof Megas are in the UK
  • Deveron53
    Free Member

ALL sizes are being shipped to dealers, heard it from an official source today. Be on shelves by Wednesday.
    BUT, I think the Scalps are delayed. Oh well…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

“Official source” being facebook?

MussEd
    Free Member

Well I touched, yeah touched a Scalp on tuesday in a shop, so who knows? The hype for these Mega frames is getting redic! Saying that i still want one…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Blimey, CRC are showing some sizes as in stock!

Deveron53
    Free Member

I’ve just had a call from LBS. It’s been booked in, I can pick it up Monday… !!!

Monday night, I will update this thread with a pic and a copy of that day’s Metro next to it!

alexonabike

Mines on it’s way to me! Should be with me early next week! Eeek! 😛

cynic-al
    Free Member

Seems to be a straighforward single pivot bike, what’s the fuss about?

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

brant licked its downtube

cynic-al
    Free Member

I heard he wiped himself on the CAD drawings.

Northwind

cynic-al – Member

Seems to be a straighforward single pivot bike, what’s the fuss about?

Honestly, the fuss over these is insane, but I expect they’ll be pretty good. Well priced, good angles, decent weight… It’s not the second coming of Jesus but then Jesus isn’t compatible with a 180mm fork.

t-p26
    Free Member

Honestly, the fuss over these is insane

Just the same as an On One*, an Orange Five or any other skill compensator on this forum…..

* not a skill compensator, somewhere to hang your bike jewelery 😉

Northwind

t-p 26 – Member

Just the same as an On One*, an Orange Five or any other skill compensator on this forum…..

Not at all, at least people on here have actually ridden them. A lot of bikes are overhyped, but usually not until they exist.

mboy
    Free Member

It’s not the second coming of Jesus but then Jesus isn’t compatible with a 180mm fork.

LOL

It does look good, not many frames out there as versatile, light or as cheap still with the quality geometry etc. Transition Bottlerocket looks massively overpriced now (and heavy), and most other competitors can’t take a 180mm fork.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Saturday is apparently ‘rapture’ day. It’s also the day the Mega hits the shops.
    Coincidence?

angryratio
    Free Member

give it time, there will be a new bit of must have tail in town..

TomHill
    Free Member

Gah. Just called Biketart (who I ordered my frame through in December!), they haven’t received them yet 🙁

Ah well, I can wait another few days!

_tom_
    Free Member

Be quite funny if they’re nothing special after all this hype.

matthias247
    Free Member

Already sold out or why did the date on CRC jump a month further to 7.7. for most models?

bigjim

Being old enough to remember Nukeproof from the early 1990s, eg their hubs, does the modern Nukeproof have anything to do with the original company (didn’t they go bust?) or is this a new company trading off the back of the name and legend of a completely unrelated previous company? Company.

twotonpredator

my lbs twelve50bikes got one in yesterday and put a pic up on the facebook page. i was tempted to go have a look today but resisted the urge…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

this a new company trading off the back of the name and legend of a completely unrelated previous company

Pretty much, not a bad thing though, how many bike companies are still owned by their original founder? Even spesh are part owned by a Taiwanese frame shop.

transporter13
    Free Member

arent nukeproof now something to do with nigel page?? hence why crc are using them as their team bikes instead of intense for this season?

bloodyshins
    Free Member

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure the company that bought the Nukeproof brand also own Chain Reaction and the distribution company Hotlines, hence the hook up with the CRC team.

steveh

You are slightly wrong, CRC own hotlines and the nukeproof brand is their’s as well.

Northwind

So all in all, if you’ve read any of Nigel Page’s comments on the Mega, you may wish to take it with a pinch of salt 😉 Likewise Lewis Buchanan.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Crc own Nuke Proof and also Ragley,Vitus and X Lite.

Deveron53
    Free Member

and Aaron Gwin talking up Treks. etc, etc.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Anyone know if the seat can be dropped low, or is there a stopper inside the seat tube?

z1ppy

Rorschach – Member
    Crc own Nuke Proof and also Ragley,Vitus and X Lite

I was under the impression that Hotline/CRC/NP (don’t know who Vitus or X lite are) were one company (who use Brant as a designer) but Ragley was Brant’s?

sailor74
    Free Member

I’ve been waiting 6 1/2weeks for Hotlines to sort a replacement wheel for my new bike. Fingers crossed there are no warranty issues with the nukeproof bikes otherwise from my experience people could be off their bikes for a long time!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Megas are in the UK’ is closed to new replies.