Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nukeproof Mega TR 26''
  • mattherby
    Free Member

Contemplating buying a second hand Mega TR frame and swapping most of my kit over from my current bike. I’m just a bit confused about the rear axle. It’s a 12mm axle but my current wheels Mavic Crossone 2015 has a qr rear.

Can I replace the drop outs changing it from the 12mm to qr or if not can I change the hub on my wheel? I’m not sure the Crossone has the option of changing from 9mm to 12mm though.

Failing that it might be new wheels but that’ll be a shame as they’re only a month old.

BoardinBob

Dropouts won’t be swappable, at least not with standard nukeproof ones. You could no doubt get some machined. Probably be easier to get a new hub

v666ern
    Free Member
    mattherby
    Free Member

I know they’re a bargain now but I’ve recently bought new forks and wheels which I was hoping to use on a 26” frame.

Might be non starter due to the wheel issue though….

SirHC

I’m currently selling one on ebay, will measure the frame when I am home this afternoon and post back on here (have been meaning to update the ad)

mattherby
    Free Member

Well I’m looking for one so let me know the measurements.

alexs96
    Free Member

I recently bought a 2013 nukeproof tr frame without realising my hub wouldn’t fit so i had to buy a new wheel which was a bit annoying. But its an awesome frame well worth the price.

rocket
    Free Member

Does this help?

Great frames btw

andyb39
    Free Member

Rocket beat me to it, you can definitely get 135mm qr dropouts for the 2013 mega tr/am, bot myself and a mate have the frames and he runs it with a qr rear wheel.

SirHC

IIRC they are supplied with 142×12

mattherby
    Free Member

Cheers Rocket. I found those drop outs but I assumed they were 135 x12mm? I’m after something to enable a standard 9mm qr skewer to be used.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Mega TR 26''’ is closed to new replies.