Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 114 total)
  • Nukeproof Mega – Build in progress
  • Northwind

You get a tick for being the first person on here to have bought the one good colour, well done!

grum
    Free Member

Damn ugly!

Even compared to the agricultural Orange 5? 😆

I think Mega looks pretty good, I like the silly yellow best though.

Northwind

I think it looks great, apart from the shock angle, it jars a bit. But I imagine it’s like that for a reason 😆 What do I know, my bike looks like a crane.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks pretty good to me. Was tempted by the silver but that yellow is very nice. I may have to buy into the hype.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I rode it!
    Climbs very well, I made it up things easier than I did on my 575. I’m well pleased. Just a few tweaks on ride position and also the Lyriks could do with being a bit more plush. The shock is excellent, the 3 positions give a noticable difference. I probably put too much air in, need to experiment.
    I need to change the inline post – not a good idea with a 75 degree seat tube! I shoved my self back on the climb to simulate a setback post, still no front wheel lift even at 22-32.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

A silver one just built up on Friday.. 🙂

beb

i think the yellow one looks ace – looking forward to seeing it finished.

When’s mine going to arrive!!!!

trout
    Free Member

has anyone got these in stock or do we have to wait till July 😐

dlr

Someone on another forum I frequent bought one from here yesterday http://www.nirvanacycles.com/

mccett
    Free Member

trout, my lbs has a couple silver and a yellow in stock. Give them a bell tomorrow, closed today.
    They built a black one in small for a customer last week, very nice little bike and lighter than expected.

Twelve50 Bikes in Frodsham, Cheshire

mrblobby
    Free Member

Probably a bigger ask given that they seem to be selling quite well, but anyone know of any stores with one built up for test ride purposes…?

mccett
    Free Member

mrblobby…. see post above yours! (well, it will be once they get round to it this week – medium size)

trout
    Free Member

Thanks Mccett will give them a bell in the morning it near enough for a drive too

mamadirt
    Free Member

JEJames still have stock I think – was very tempted but a bit worried about that steep seat angle (I’m a slacker 😉 ) so dropped the cash on something else 😳

Reckon I would’ve gone for the silver. All looking good though – be interested to see a small.

mamadirt
    Free Member

JEJames still have stock I think – was very tempted but a bit worried about that steep seat angle (I’m a slacker 😉 ) so dropped the cash on something else 😳

Yep – there you go! – all silvers in stock and black small/med.

Reckon I would’ve gone for the silver. All looking good though – be interested to see a small.

trout
    Free Member

Thanks Mamadirt struck lucky got a silver one so setting off to sheffield soon

mamadirt
    Free Member

Make sure you post pics trout 😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

So being 6ft, if I was to get one, and I’m very tempted indeed, medium or large…? I’m thinking medium but the steep seat post has me a little worried. (Got an 18 inch mmmbop frame which was about right for me if that helps with the guesstimates.)

AlexSimon

mmmmm – yellow looks spot on if you ask me.

I can’t seem me liking the bike as my only trail bike (going on other single-pivot faux-bar test rides), but I might go over to twelve50 and see what’s what.

16stonepig
    Free Member

How does it behave through the rear travel, especially the mid/end stroke. I’d imagine it’s quite progressive. I’d be very interested if that aspect was tweakable for different rides.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Have to admire the marketing of this bike…

mrblobby
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB,, I think it’s got more to do with being the right bike at the right time (on trends) at a very appealing price point.

jimjam
    Free Member

mrblobby

ChunkyMTB,, I think it’s got more to do with being the right bike at the right time (on trends) at a very appealing price point.

….and great marketing.

16stonepig
    Free Member

I think the marketing has done itself.

That being said, I do agree that it seems like the right bike at the right time.

trout
    Free Member

It does look very nice now I have my stick fingers on one .
    though the raw silver does have a raw industrial looking quality to it.
    which suits me as I wont be bothered when it gets dinked as much as if it was immaculate shiny

here is a pic of mine a medium on top of a 16 inch MMMbop

bigjim

are these actually especially good frames or just ‘cool’?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well I’ve read the singletrack review and comments from people who’ve ridden them and yet to hear anything that would suggest it isn’t a good un. Early days though I guess.

mamadirt
    Free Member

He he, I was just wondering how you’d got it built so quickly 😆 . Looks good . . . now get that MmmBop stripped.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Trout are those rev forks? Build it quick and let us know how it rides.

walleater

are these actually especially good frames or just ‘cool’?

They are just another linkage activated single pivot with a few nice touches, and a brand name brought back from the dead to make them sound ‘core’. Not that there is anything wrong with any of that, but the whole viral marketing / wankfest would put me off them, even if they are cheap.

matthias247
    Free Member

Any ride impressions yet? Especially in terms of how the sizing is. Still undecided to go for S or M at 5’9″

I really like to yellow one in the first post.

trout
    Free Member

To Mamadirt Mmmbop stripped and at the mo bottom bracket installed then hit the first snag .
    the 1.5 inch reducer headset dont fit so spent the last 2 hours machining a top and bottom cup for the frame ( gone over the SO allowed budget so need to use as much as poss from the old bike .

and damn this constant changing stuff need a conversion for the rear hope hub , and a new front mech before I will be able to get the first ride .

Mr Blobby Yes Revs will do my best to get it done soon .

walleater I must have missed the wankfest but stumbled on the thread at the time I was considering going back to FS after 4 years on a hard tail and heard lots of good things about them so jumped on the bandwagon its got to be better than my last fs bike a marin rocksprings .

Matius
    I am 5.9 and gone for the medium so fingers crossed

trout
    Free Member

homemade headset installed

funny the raw anodised makes the welds look like putty

climbingkev
    Free Member

Trout,

What headset you got? I got a Nukeproof one on order and would be seriously p**sed if I need to take a machine to one that’s purpose built….

trout
    Free Member

I was planning on using the Hope 1.5 inch reducer headset from the Mmmbop but did not realise the difference in internal dia of the head tubes .

was going to order the nuke proof one but am an impatient tight git so copied the cups on the lathe from the hope but with 44 mm to fit quite enjoyed making my own even came in lighter than the hopes

If I cant get a maxle conversion today will be attempting my own tonight

climbingkev
    Free Member

Good effort!

mrblobby
    Free Member

That raw silver does look good up close.

Any clearance issues for the fork? Was going to use an internal headset with lyriks.

alexonabike

Is anyone else’s rear bolt thru axle a bit stiff to twist as soon as it engages the threads on the dropout? It seems as if it doesn’t quite line up right?

trout
    Free Member

no clearance issues I can see for the forks. I was going to do the headset internal. but then read for 150 mm forksit needed to be an externalheadset

Yes my axel is a tight fit in the threads too

bigjim

a brand name brought back from the dead

Yeah I remember the original Nukeproof kit in the early 90’s, don’t really like the way they’ve recycled an old brand name and logo to make it seem more established, what next, return of x-lite bar ends in purple?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Mega – Build in progress’ is closed to new replies.