Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Nukeproof Mega 275 owners, what frame size are you running?
  • mancian
    Free Member

Hi.

After having my Whyte G-160s nicked from my garage last week it looks like my replacement will be a Nukeproof Mega 275 as insurance can’t offer a G-160.

Have had the last two versions of the Mega in size medium, I’m 5ft 9 1/2 inches.

I know the trend at the mo is to go long but I’m just wondering what size frame everyone is running and how tall you are and reasons.

The G-160 was a medium but was a really long bike and really stretched out. I can’t decide between a medium or large mega.

I know I should demo but there arnt any demo days near me coming up and can’t afford a £50 demo at say degla.

Thanks

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Large Mega is a good 15mm shorter in the reach than the medium white isnt it?

It still ends up feeling like a much bigger longer bike though.

You’ll like it, its a better bike than the 160 – Id go with the karge personally as thats what my old mans on and hes about the same height.

bungalistic
    Free Member

If you liked the longer stretched out position the Whyte put you in I’d probably go for a Mega in large size as they are more similar in size, but it all depends on how you like to ride and your personal preference on bike size.

vincienup
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the last of the boxy Mega 275 TR’s (2015) and at 178cm I’m happy on a Medium.

I’m assuming you’re talking about the newer, swoopier looking frame, not sure how different it is.

What I would say is that mine seems relatively short by modern standards but certainly doesn’t ride like it.

Dark-Side

I’m 6ft/182cm on a large 2016 Mega Team and its a perfect fit. Its a cracking bike by the way, I love mine. Are you near Llandegla Mancian? Happy for you to try my Mega Team. I have a Nukeproof Scout too so happy for you to take it onto the trails and I’ll tag along on the Scout.

thenorthwind

2014 TR275 here. XL. 6’1″

mancian
    Free Member

Cheers so far for the input. I am talking about the new 2016/2017 models though.

Dark-Side

Mine is the new model Mancian, if you want to try it.

cyclelife
    Free Member

5’8″ here loving my large, medium will be too small.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Mine is the new model as well, get the large you won’t regret it.

legend
    Free Member

Surprised no one has said it yet…… tell the insurance company to get bent? No reason you can’t get the money off them to go and get the replacement you’ve paid to have covered

thegman67

I have a 2016 Mega Race 275 in large and I am 5’10. Came up from a 2014 Mega TR and this bike is a much better fit.

thegman67

Just to clarify the 2016 Race is a better fit

munakorva
    Free Member

yes. Ill try with this all ready made topic

6’/183cm riders. what size? I demoed 2017, size large Kona Process 153. 475mm reach. with stock cockpit it felt bit cramped.

i got long legs, long arms, but im still abit a scared of XL standover.

Also. 170mm or 160mm lyrik for the frameset?

thanks

-Antti

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Mega 275 owners, what frame size are you running?’ is closed to new replies.