Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Nukeproof mega 2012 rear axle options?
  • rotary
    Free Member

As many are aware the rear axle keeps coming loose, can anyone recommend me an alternative please..

spev

I fitted a Rockshox Maxle which is a little bit better than the DT one it came with

rotary
    Free Member

Thanks mate, wasn’t sure if the maxle fit. Yeah there isn’t any locking feature on the dt one

peachos
    Free Member

Have you got the old plastic version or the new metal one? Metal version is much better!

rotary
    Free Member

Its the plastic one peachos

spev
    rotary
    Free Member

Cheers spev

Mugboo

Having snapped the plastic lever off mine in a crash, I now use a maxle.

barffy
    Free Member

Maxle axle here too. Never came loose yet.

peachos
    Free Member

I never had any issues with the metal version, but the plastic one is carp. Go for a Maxle if you have to buy the whole thing though. You could try and source a replacement metal lever for your DT skewer.

rotary
    Free Member

i have looked at a few online now including the superstar ones, I have heard that some have a different thread pitch. I guess if the maxle has the same pitch as the original dt swiss one then i will go for that. Its not so much the plastic lever im bothered about its the fact that it keeps coming loose!

Thanks all for the replies

peachos
    Free Member

The plastic lever doesn’t allow you to get the same purchase as you can with the metal one, that’s why I’m saying it is better and might be a cheaper option.

rotary
    Free Member

got ya, thanks mate

lornholio
    Free Member

The plastic DT Swiss one is fine. Does anyone in this thread who has “upgraded” have a spare to sell me? As-new, of course.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof mega 2012 rear axle options?’ is closed to new replies.