Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Nukeproof headset woes
  • ajt123
    Free Member

Hello,

I have trawled the internet, but am still clueless.

I have a Nukeproof 44IESS Headset fitted to my Ragley – i.e. 1 1/8th straight steerer, external cup in a xx44 headtube.

Headset link

I’m struggling to find replacement bearings – I found Ritchey and Superstar but not sure what to go for.

Ritchey

Superstar

Almost feel like writing it off and buying a new headset – but seems a bike wasteful.

Any thoughts – surely someone else has come up against this at some point?

Cheers, Alex

ajt123
    Free Member

*bit wasteful.

Freudian slip…

steel4real
    Free Member

I agree – but Nukeproof/CRC/Hotlines are collectively useless with their headsets.

You can – in theory – get the lower bearing (41.0 x 45 x 45) but CRC are out of stock

They will probably never have it again 🙁

There may be an FSA equivalent , check Windwave (the importers) of UK Bike Store who seem to stock most of them.

For the record I have same headset in my Blue Pig X and the upper bearing has stayed good, the ‘sealing’ on the bottom one is woeful. Unfortunately I can’t remember if they are the same bearing top & bottom. Maybe phone Hotlines (the importers) and seek advice/grovel for assistance/sound off about lame product support (selling mediocre headsets that you can’t buy spares for !).

For me I should have known better as my other bikes have or had Hope headsets !

Good luck.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Had one and it died very quickly. Gave up and went Hope pick n’ mix and it’s been superb.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof headset woes’ is closed to new replies.