Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Nukeproof 3in1 endcap modding
  • vincienup
    Free Member

Anyone any experience of altering nukeproof 3in1 endcaps?

I want to run 135×10 so I’m planning to drill out a pair of QR caps …

Poopscoop

A bump for you mainly.

That said,I guess as long as what you do is the correct diameter and symmetrical on both the caps** it should be ok?

** I have no direct experience of NP end caps so I could be talking rubbish. Wait for more informed parties to post before you get the power tools out. 😀

vincienup
    Free Member

Cheers, Poop!

Well, answers don’t seem forthcoming, so as the caps are only six quid a pair I guess I’ll experiment… 🙂

vincienup
    Free Member

Hm. Okay, so the endcaps are here and I see the problem.

Nuke 3in1 endcaps are screwfit not push fit like Hope etc. The larger axle sizes have flats like overlock nuts for installation. I was hoping the QR models were likewise but they have an Allen fitting in the skewer hole instead, which would obviously be lost on drilling.

The next obvious idea I suppose is filing or cutting flats but it looks like if I do so the toothed portion that grips the dropout will probably fall off. It’s only a thin metal band round the plastic cap on these. Any ideas? If I was using 135×10 RWS skewers is the serrated surface on the endcap even needed?

lmcol
    Free Member

What about cutting a slot In the end? I’m guessing they don’t need a lot of torque to fit.

vincienup
    Free Member

Might be a possibility. Torque should be minimal.

I bought two sets so I can set up the bike with regular QR to be going on with.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof 3in1 endcap modding’ is closed to new replies.