Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • Nuke proof mega 2016
  • z1ppy

Fingerbang, I’m hot for one, LBS said 6 pre-orders came in & all the rest are due January 😥
    Shirely the Parkwood will be far too tiny

honourablegeorge

chakaping – Member

Got to respect Nukeproof for making practical, tough bikes for real riders – sort of like a budget Orange.

If prices. For the new.Pulse are any indication, then they no longer see themselves as budget

thepodge
    Free Member

150/150 29er, thats an interesting one. Better put my wallet under lock and key

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Numbers look great, frame almost looks great, apart from the massive MEGA on the downtube. Price is good, what’s not to like?

chakaping
    Free Member

Didn’t expect that! Both look great and the 650b frame ticks pretty much every box.

The 450mm chainstays on the 29er give me cause for concern. I wish they’d done a 120mm 29er with 435mmm ones.

chakaping
    Free Member

Better put my wallet under lock and key

At least until CRC sale time.

SirHC

Hob Nob – Member
    Numbers look great, frame almost looks great, apart from the massive MEGA on the downtube. Price is good, what’s not to like?

28.6lbs for the Pro, magic scales?

thepodge
    Free Member

chakaping – At least until CRC sale time.

Just spotted the frame prices and my wallet is safe, I was expecting a more budget range from Nukeproof

chakaping
    Free Member

Seems credible to me, assuming without pedals.

BoardinBob

Seems credible to me, assuming without pedals.

My 2013 Mega is 32.5lbs with a pretty heavy build (Zee, Deore, Stans etc) The 2013 frame is a heavy beast and the new frame looks lighter straight out the box so the new weight seems more than do-able

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Sounds like it, looking at the spec, even without pedals that’s quite optimistic. (using my bike for comparison).

But then I forget to subtract 3 from the scale weight to give me an ‘actual weight’ 😀

barney
    Free Member
    thedude
    Free Member

I was hoping a 29 inch mega tr would appear. Edit: I just saw on vital it says the unpopular mega tr has been dropped.

honourablegeorge

Hob Nob – Member

It#s just one logo….. compared to megas of old which had ten Nukeproof logos on the frame, plus Nukeproof logos on saddle, headset, stem, bar, seatpost and hubs, it’s pretty subtle.

Geometry looks good too. Frame only price isn’t great, but the builds are competitive enough. If I really wanted to be picky, I don’t like the big seattube brace, but that’s about it

woodster

Seems like it might make a good replacement frame for my Codeine when I get bored, pretty much everything will swap straight over and it sounds like a very light frame.

Those big stays worry me, but Vital reckon it’s still fun.

BoardinBob

Frame only price isn’t great

It seems ok to me

Mega frame = £1,350

Transition Patrol frame = £1,499

Cotic Rocket = £1,549

Orange Alpine = £1,700

chakaping
    Free Member

And it doesn’t take a genius to predict that they may be available cheaper at some point in the future.

andyb39
    Free Member

As an RRP it’s only £50 more than the 2015 Mega AM frame.

legend
    Free Member

It seems ok to me
    Mega frame = £1,350

They’ll be £700 by this time next week anyway

fingerbang
    Free Member

just read the Vitalmtb review;

sam hill was at the test event and refused to ride the 29er for ‘religious reasons’ teehee

that said, Im probably going to get the Scout 290. Its just too gorgeous and I reckon the CRC sale in 12 months won’t both me cos all the XL’s will have gone by then

mindmap3
    Free Member

The new Nukeproof bikes look really good – I wasn’t really a fan of the old ones.

I just find the brand name a bit naff and a bit off putting, especially for bikes that are not exactly cheap.

Glad to see they’ve kept an old school BB and external cable routing though.

STATO
    Free Member

Nice to read a quality ‘review/intro’ into the new models, full of usefull information on product design and options along with drand background and writers opinion. Well done Vital 😉

freeridenick
    Free Member

No bottle mounts.. error

BoardinBob

No bottle mounts.. error

Under the down tube. I’m assuming the downtube protector bolts will accept a bottle cage

enigmas
    Free Member

From the Vital article:

‘Sam Hill joined us for the launch event. Unable to try the 29er “for religious reasons”, he made everything look far too easy on the new Mega 27.5’

😀 😀

legend
    Free Member

Under the down tube. I’m assuming the downtube protector bolts will accept a bottle cage

One of the other photos shows the same bolts being used as cable guides so I’m not so sure. Would be a shame if they’ve got rid of them 😕

BoardinBob

One of the other photos shows the same bolts being used as cable guides so I’m not so sure. Would be a shame if they’ve got rid of them

Current mega cable guides can double up as cage mounts

fathomer

I think they look really nice, to much bike for me though. May have been interested in the ‘tr’ but oh well!

legend
    Free Member

Current mega cable guides can double up as cage mounts

In that case I’m definitely keeping an eye out for the “50% off” email!

honourablegeorge

BoardinBob – Member

It seems ok to me

Mega frame = £1,350

Transition Patrol frame = £1,499

Cotic Rocket = £1,549

Orange Alpine = £1,700

Yeah – I suppose it depends how far south of RRP it ends up, but it’s more expensive than a Patrol for me in Euroland as it stands

P-Jay
    Free Member

I dare say they haven’t or it would have been mentioned, but have the prices for the full builds been released? I read the entry level one is £2k, but nothing on the rest.

As ever they haven’t catered for my exact, at odds with the world, requirements – I’d like the fancy Pike RCT3 forks and their dropper, but I’d prefer boggo Deore gears and brakes over the more expensive SRAM stuff.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Might go on the potential list for a frame change in 12-18 months if I see (no doubt) prices go down to the £6-700 range. It’s probably going to be a common and, eventually, budget bike regardless of how nice it seems now.

northerntom
    Free Member

Legend & boardinbob – the current mega frame can’t accept a bottle cage with the piggy back shock. I own it, and have to zip tie a bottle cage onto the down tube underneath

freeridenick
    Free Member

No one wants a bottle under the downtube..and it looks like there isn’t enough room inside the frame.

chakaping
    Free Member

Might go on the potential list for a frame change in 12-18 months if I see (no doubt) prices go down to the £6-700 range.

Dunno, I suspect they’ll drop to around £1k and maybe £800 or £900 and get snapped up.

Everyone knew the existing Mega was a portly beast and it was still very popular.

BoardinBob

northerntom – Member

Legend & boardinbob – the current mega frame can’t accept a bottle cage with the piggy back shock. I own it, and have to zip tie a bottle cage onto the down tube underneath

I have a bottle and cage on mine with a piggyback Monarch. It wont take a massive bottle but shorter ones fit

BoardinBob
    scandal42
    Free Member

Looks fooking lovely, too much bike though. 29er in 130ish would have been ace.

Bigmantrials

Completely agree with you Scandal42, I love the look of the 29er, but I have absolutely no need for 150mm, 130mm would have been spot on!!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Nuke proof mega 2016’ is closed to new replies.