Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Nuke Proof Generator rear wheel
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Think I will be upgrading my rear wheel in the new year as the cup/cone Shimano XT is just about nackered and I could do with a wider rim anyway. Have just seen the Nuke Proof Generator rear wheel – http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=36895

Price looks good and seems like a good spec with sealed bearings etc. Reviews on CRC seem good so just wondering if anyone here has experience, and also is there anything better for the money?

One of the reviews mentions it needs an XT or sram cassette, so will my SLX work?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Tom, I have an early generator hub built onto a mavic rim hanging in my garage-hanging there as the freehub packed up quite unexpectedly (the springs for the pawls appear to have weakened and stick in compression therfore stopping the pawls from engaging. The fact that it was slipping on one ride has trashed the engagement teeth on the hub body. (£35 for new freehub)
    My advice, save your money and get a Hope Pro 2 on whatever rim you fancy.
    I now have Hope 2’s on both bikes and despite ‘exploding’ one which was replaced very promptly by Hope and I believe that that problem has now been designed out.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Nuke Proof Generator rear wheel’ is closed to new replies.