Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Now this is Retro!
  • steelfan
    Free Member
    coogan
    Free Member

Nope. Just old.

Edric64
    Free Member

1800 quid with a cracked headtube 😯

toppers3933
    Free Member

edric64 +1
    who the hell would buy that for 1800 quid. if anyone does they want their head testing.

Edric64
    Free Member

I just left an offer of 99p!!

mangatank
    Free Member

Nuts. He's hoping the Design Museum'll buy it. Fat chance, and that's a pity because a display cabinet is the only safe place for that death trap.

steelfan
    Free Member

To be honest I didn't even look at the description. With or without a cracked headtube he's got no chance!

taxi25
    Free Member

Loads of people put stuff on there with fantasy prices, This guy was hoping for a buy it know of £750 for a broken frame. !! The winning bid seems about right ( If you could get it fixed, I asked him who quoted him for the repair, but he never got back to me )

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290455624759

BigDummy
    Free Member

frame is in great condition all over with no scratches or chips. only down side is there is a small crack

Glass is almost full. Only downside is it is more than half empty. 🙂

radoggair
    Free Member

very retro, cracking looking bike.

If i had spare cash i would honestly buy that bike, get the headtube sorted and wheels and have some retro tastic piece of biking fame.

Woody
    Free Member

It's a classic. I remember looking at one in Recycle way back but went for a Cannondale V2000 with a carbon swinging arm instead!

Definitely wouldn't be riding it until it was fixed, especially with those wheels 😯

Crell
    Free Member

very retro, cracking looking bike.

Yep, most of them do that.

theflatboy
    Free Member

back in the day, when i was younger, there were few things i wanted more than a set of spinergy wheels. they look so amazingly awesome.

clubber
    Free Member

Indeed. Shame they were pretty crap functionally though. Ditto for the Spin wheels which REALLY looked awesome but had rims that tended to bend and weighed a ton!

househusband

That is the sort of bike I recall dribbling over bike shops when I bought my first mountain bike, an Orange Clockwork, in '93/4!

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

coogan – Member
    Nope. Just old.

No matter how many times people mis-use 'Retro' it will still be old. Old tat in this case.

warton
    Free Member

lovely bike to look at, unfortunately thats about it. He's mental asking that for it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Now this is Retro!’ is closed to new replies.