• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Now then fat lad, where did you sneak up from??
  • ton

after following a certain diet pretty strictly for 2ish years, and losing 5 stone, i was a pretty happy chappy to be honest.
    combine the weight loss, and my challenge to cycle 500 miles a month, it seems i have taken my eye off my waistline……. 😕

stopped getting weighed, and started eating a few too many bad carbs, thinking that the extra miles would keep me on track.
    NO NO NO, say Mr Fatbloke inside me.
    just got weighed for the 1st time in 4 months…….from a nice comfy 18 stone 5lbs…………..up to a very unhappy 19stone 8lbs.

WTF!!!!! i hate myself now…… 😡

on a good note tho, 3000 miles completed to date for the year, and 100 miles needed for a 800 mile month……. 8)

cloudnine
    Free Member

I’ve somehow gone the opposite way recently from a portly 63g to sub 60kg… Lightest I’ve been for 10 years.
    Tried to make up for the loss with extra rations of biscuits.
    Send me any surplus biscuits… I don’t mind helping out on this occasion.

Russell96

But how do your clothes fit have they got tighter? or is a chunk of it increased muscle mass?

ton

clothes dont seem any tighter, still a 38” waist.
    i dont thinks i have put on over a stone in muscle tho.

MrNice
    Free Member

started eating a few too many bad carbs, thinking that the extra miles would keep me on track.

that’s always my downfall. Come home starving hungry, fill my face with anything I can find because I’ve “earned it” then continue in the same vein for the next 24hrs.

Impressive mileage though, puts most of the rest of us to shame

MoreCashThanDash

I’d managed to lose a few pounds this year, but the pissing rain and various family commitments has meant I’ve not ridden much the last couple of weeks, and I’ve just rather disgraced myself at a friends BBQ this afternoon… 🙄

IanW
    Free Member

Ton, I have some sympathy with you,.

I’ve gone decimal so you’ll need to convert but went from 115kg to 85kg last year but then found myself back up to 95kg without feeling i had done anything different, with hindsight the absence of the daily weigh in, a bit more booze less miles through winter was probably what did it. Then because its harder to shift the last 10 kg than the first of 20kg motivation is more difficult.

Personally though Im fairly relaxed, it took me four of five years to stop smoking properly and may take a few years to get my weight, fitness, diet consistent by which time I won’t give a toss and will be chasing nurses around a care home.

iamconfusedagain
    Free Member

Its strange but my weight loss was faultless for months until I did a load more riding, it has had a big effect on my hunger. It has been much harder to keep the lid on the eating as I have generally been riding quite a bit. The result is that I have put on a fair chunk of weight 🙁

IanW
    Free Member

See the multitude of suppliment threads to stop the post ride biscuit barrel hoovering.

ton

i am just gonna up the protein and drop the bread/bananas/sugar/fruit stuff again.

choccy milkshake after a ride, boiled eggs for snacks and huuuuuuuge salads and whole chickens for lunch/dinner.

8)

It seems ton, that you took your diet as a diet and not a lifestyle change.

Accept a certain way of life, rather than an enforced diet and it will probably be easier to stay on the right track, rather than slipping and ‘rewarding’ your tastebuds when you think you are doing well

ton

totally agree with that STR.

gonna get back on it and try like hell to keep with it.

bearnecessities

Although rather bluntly delivered, STR is right.

There’s an odd satisfaction from consistently eating well when combined with exercise.

Well, that’s me I guess. We’re all different, but no matter what, your cycling challenge that you’re meeting is only good!

FWIW and IMO, everything in moderation is the phrase that’s true. Eat balanced carbs & proteins. Chuck in a sensible amount of veg. Whole chickens will not digest without the carbs 😉

Keep going 🙂

nickc

I’ve done my normal cycling ‘load’ and avoided starchy carbs (even on heafty long roadie days) and weight has plateaued at an end of summer 70kg…but at the start of the summer instead!

cheating I tell you 8)

warton
    Free Member

I was down to 75kg last week and feeling good. had a week of fairly poor eating, lots of bread. 78kg tonight. start again tomorrow….

Good on you Tony – and remember, if you embrace a healthy eating pattern, you can have the odd blowout and eat what turns your buds on (as long as it’s occasional and not habitual).

As for the last post – yeah fine, but worrying about being 78kg isn’t overly helpul in this thread maybe?

MrNice
    Free Member

I tried to post this earlier and it got lost 😡

for those using “that” diet or similar (i.e. slow carb)… how do you manage when riding? I had good success on it a couple of years ago but I wasn’t riding much at the time. I’m now back on the bike and a lot fitter but if I don’t tuck into the carbs I feel like I’m continually about to bonk. What works for 3-4hr rides with plenty of climbing? Or is it just that I need to lay off them after the immediate re-fuel?

Jamie
    Free Member

TiRed

Congratulations, you’ve used 100,000 Calories cycling. Some of it will be muscle (only some mind). May I suggest carbs before and protein after. You need some fuel.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Now then fat lad, where did you sneak up from??’ is closed to new replies.