Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Now I'm convinced 650b are here to stay
  • Earl
    Free Member

1) Link up top to Diamondback.co.uk where they have a £1900 650b carbon hardtail

2) My local Wilkinson has 650b tubes in stock.

So far I have a 650b rear wheel ……

hora
    Free Member

?

Earl
    Free Member

I’m meaning in UK – hardtail wise – DB are more associated with sub £400 than £1900 carbon. Yet they have even decided to bring in a top end 650b. (they are quite big in the US I think).

And have you been to a Wilkinson’s? (maybe a southern shop I’m not sure) Its where I buy my bleach,bath towels, paint and emergency gear cables. Even they have gone 650b.

devash
    Free Member

Word on the street is that Albert Hoffman wasn’t high on acid during his infamous ‘bike ride’, he was actually prototyping the 650b format.

hs125
    Free Member

Are 650b tubes actually any different to 26″?
    I’m asking as I’ve never used one, but I’ve fitted (bodged) a 26″ tube into a 29er without any real issues.
    The difference between 26″ and 650b is tiny in comparison.

Earl
    Free Member

Of course there is a difference in the product or they can’t sell it as something different.
    Can you use a 26″ in a 650b wheel? I do the same as you i.e. 26″ in a 29″ wheel. Tubes are stretchy!

atlaz
    Free Member

Of course there is a difference in the product or they can’t sell it as something different.

How do you explain 650b then? 😈

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well in the morning I’m going to try some 650b wheels in my blur ltc before committing to a rim swap.

bearnecessities

I kid you not, a colleague’s cat died last night.

You bastard.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Now I'm convinced 650b are here to stay’ is closed to new replies.