Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • NOW IM ANNOYED – Mobile Phone Spam Content!
  • alexxx
    Free Member

Just got a text off my friend saying she’s received her provisional license and asked for the name of the instructor I went with bla bla…

Get a text 2 minutes later off o2!!!

“Are you or someone learning to drive, get great deals and discounts with one of our preferred instructors…”

ERM…. What the hell! bit to personal for my liking.

wwaswas

’tis a bit like the post office opening your mail and then including some appropriate junk mail before delivering it.

alexxx
    Free Member

Yeah its absolutely shocking… why the hell am I paying monthly for a service that allows me to get targetted spam texts! grrr

dooosuk
    Free Member

why the hell am I paying monthly for a service that allows me to get targetted spam texts! grrr

because you signed up for it in the small print (probably) 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

:-O

That is a bit naughty!

They will claim (no doubt) that the service just picks up key words (in the same way targetted ads in the R/H column here are now for driving lessons).

But all the same – it does feel much more invasive.

woody2000

Try texting “get f**ked” to one of your mates, see what kind of targetted advertising that gets you 🙂

Leku
    Free Member

They will claim (no doubt) that the service just picks up key words (in the same way targetted ads in the R/H column here are now for driving lessons).

all I see are ads for cake and sheds – spooky eh?

alexxx
    Free Member

😀 I’d have had a chuckle if it was for cakes and sheds 😀

CountZero

Odd that, the only txts I get from O2 concern services I already register for, like priority tickets. Orange used to continually send me texts to upgrade my phone, and cold calls from dealers trying the same thing. O2 are really good in that regard.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘NOW IM ANNOYED – Mobile Phone Spam Content!’ is closed to new replies.