Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Now, I thought Avatar was good….
  • billybob
    Free Member

But..

These people seem a little special…

jedi

🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

This must be a troll?

After I watched Avatar at the first time, I trully felt depressed as I "wake" up in this world again.
    So after few days, I went to cinema and watched it again for the second time to relieve the depression and hopeless feeling.
    Now I listen to the soundtrack and share my views in this forum. It really helps.

Do these sort of people really exist?

vinnyeh

Start living like Neytiri: in touch with nature, the environment, and not being greedy and wasteful. Pass on the burger, for something more healthy for you and less cruel to animals. Spend your time on this forum, or volunteering in your free time, instead of getting high or drinking, twiddling your thumbs, being apathetic and complaining about how bad the world is. Don't get swept away by the wave of negativity, live your dream.

Sound familiar?…..

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Extreme Escapism obviously lacking some direction in there lives, oh dear look at me in my own little STW. Some irony there 😕

simonralli2
    Free Member

I read the official script yesterday (although I have not seen the film) and it seems that they cut out a DMT type trip during the initiation scene. Imagine had that scene stayed in the film, and these people getting caught up in the supreme reality then having to come out of that into the lesser reality of the normal reality of the film, and THEN coming out of that into our world! Doesnt bare thinking about!

mtbfix

I have not seen the film but feel inclined to judge due to the overwhelming hype surrounding this film

BigDummy
    Free Member

Bless. 🙂

I really, relly enjoyed the film, and was sorry that I could not live in the beautiful magical jungle world of the beautiful blue people forever. But I have largely coped with the resulting depression by carrying on seeing the girl I first saw the film with. She is not blue, but is otherwise pretty cool.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I have not seen this yet primarily because I have a 9 year old son who would be greatly put out if I saw it without him.

I have checked the BBFC site and it says that 12a films can be seen by younger kids of the adult deems it appropriate.

Is Avatar suitable for a well adjusted 9 year old who tends to not take films seriously?

iDave
    Free Member

my 9 year old saw it and was fine IMO

Nick

Bit violent for a 9 year old imo, certainly too much so for my 8 year old daughter who wanted to see it.

I liked it, it's clearly a rehash of a multitude of plot lines, not seen Pocahontas, Dances with Wolves in space?

Olly
    Free Member

can you search thier forum, for a thread along the lines of

"omg, look at these loosers, talking about push bikes, actually talking seriously about "what tyres for the moon", what world are they on?"

Kit
    Free Member

Is Avatar suitable for a well adjusted 9 year old who tends to not take films seriously?

Swearing, agression and plenty of non-gory violence, but that doesn't seem to stop parents regularly taking kids who are under-5 into see the film at the cinema I work in…

If I had kids, I wouldn't take them to see it, but then I wasn't allowed to watch He-Man or the A-Team when I was a young 'un! I'm a perfectly adjusted individual now [goes off to oil secret gun collection].

DezB
    Free Member

My 7 year old saw it and was fine. Didn't even cry at the sad bits, which he usually does. The only problem for me was the word "shit" a number of times, but he hasn't repeated it once.

DezB
    Free Member

such sensitive souls! "Thats the problem, even if you wanted to strive to be more like the Na'vi you would be eaten alive in this world. It really hurts thinking that… you know. It really would take a complete new fresh start somewhere un-corrupted."

epicyclo

Fern Gully for adults 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

I think these people's problem with this film, and indeed I'm afraid a lot of people on here with films in general, is that films really shouldn't be taken too seriously (that's part of their attraction, they're a diversion from real life). They're actually intended, for the most part to be entertainment and **** all else. Nobody normal really cares if deckard was a replicant or not, they just enjoy the film they're watching.

Try it, it's actually quite fun going to a film without having to analyse the bugger.

CountZero

That last line of samurai's pretty much sums up my whole attitude to movies. There has really only been one film I left feeling utterly disappointed with, and that was the second Highlander film, because they had dumped the entire back-story from the first film, saying the Immortals were really space aliens all along, and there were jarring continuity cock-ups all through it. Utter waste of my time and money. Otherwise films are just entertainment; for anything else there's loads of factual documentaries on tv I can analize and pick apart if I want to.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I agree with samuri and base if a film is any good on the 'have i looked at the time' princpal. the longer it tkaes me to look at my watch the better the film.

mrnmissespanda

My Eight year old boy was fine, and previously he had been scared by the mind eating bug when we tried to watch Wrath of Khan on DVD…

Panda

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Avatar = Pocahontas Dances with Smurfs in Ferngully.

😀

ahwiles
    Free Member

i thought avatar 3D was ace! – it turns out i'm not too old/intelligent/cynical to enjoy a simple good-guy-vs-bad-guy-happy-ending-story.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Now, I thought Avatar was good….’ is closed to new replies.