Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Now I love Prince but come on…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I have been an avid fan of Prince for many a year but do the media actually think we the public are thick ?

Oh he’s doing a gig here and a gig there oh we’re not sure how long he’s staying blah blah blah I mean come on !

This whole tour has been planned (orchestrated :wink:) down to the very last details, its pathetic they way the media pretend its all ad-libbed…

Sounds to me like a twitter marketing exercise…

wrightyson
    Free Member

And I’m sure these last minute gigs will be priced accordingly…

slackalice
    Free Member

Perhaps you’re being a tad too cynical?

Prince wants to charge £6 per ticket

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

slackalice – Member
    Perhaps you’re being a tad too cynical?

Prince wants to charge £6 per ticket

I hadn’t mentioned the cost as thats neither here nor there…

wrightyson
    Free Member

And I’m sure there will be a booking fee…

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

hmmm not sure I agree its the media’s fault, Prince is such a star in many peoples eyes that he really can do what the hell he wants and I think this prooves it. The tickets were a tenner last night and he did two seperate gigs, one at 7pm and one at 11pm to get as many fans in as he could. One person one ticket on the door. Like most people I like his hits and would fancy seeing him in concert, especially a small venue like the Ballroom, but dont fancy taking a day off to queue in the rain.

slackalice
    Free Member

unfit – I wasn’t referring to your post, try not to take it personally! 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

I stand corrected. Big up prince. Surely there’ll be a big O2 show bunged in there somewhere?

hora
    Free Member

errrr its clever stuff – no big concerts, just create a buzz. It has with me! I love the Electric Ballroom and would love to have been there 🙁

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

id love to see him too but id never queue all day, thats just plain stupidity in my eyes and I aint no fool and bowing to his needs…

fervouredimage
    Free Member

It’s just marketing innit.

I suppose fans are at least getting to see him perform live at fairly low key venues for a few quid.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

slackalice – Member
    unfit – I wasn’t referring to your post, try not to take it personally!

I knew that ! and I dont ! Thanks for the concern 🙄

fasthaggis

Sounded like the people that got to the gigs last night had a good time for £10.

How many AA batteries to power Prince?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

fasthaggis – Member
    Sounded like the people that got to the gigs last night had a good time for £10.

How many AA batteries to power Prince?[quote]

Are you mocking me sir ?

hora
    Free Member

Prince is a weird one isn;’t he. Pops up sings and then literally vanishes off the earth. No drink, no speeding fines in the press etc etc etc.

DezB
    Free Member

Good on Prince for charging proper prices instead of ridiculous amounts that only encouraging the rich and famous to attend his gigs. At least he’ll get real music fans there, wihtout ripping them off.
    I wouldn’t queue to see anyone, personally. Not when there are so many new bands to see.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

oooh what bands still around would I queue to see? interesting question. not many these days but back when I were a lad I queued to see white lion at the marquee, how bizarre is that?

who have you would you queue to see these days?

DezB
    Free Member

what bands still around
    Alien concept..

jambalaya
    Free Member

@unfit, I understand this sort of gig schedule originated in Australia, a major band had it as the last stop on their tour and said they’d keep playing gigs as long a people kept coming, I can’t recall how many nightsbtheybplayed but it was a lot, they stayed for more than a month

jamj1974

I think Prince has exactly the right idea.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Now I love Prince but come on…’ is closed to new replies.