Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Now I love him a lot, but…
  • juan
    Free Member

the SO's kid scares me… In a dexter kinda way. He's only four years old but he's weird…
    He's the only kid I know that willingly ask for food such as fish, spinach or even worth broccolis.
    He doesn't play outside a lot because he will get dirty. He like taking drugs when sick, if the tablecloth isn't even he will stop to eat until 'it's fixed'. And worth of everything he must dry is toothbrush on the towel after use…

Should I get worried that when he grows up he'll just chop chop people?
    Or are they others like him 😉

project
    Free Member

He may be a VEGETARIAN,and possibly a liberal supporter, they start young nowadays.

hels
    Free Member

Sounds more like he will grow up to be an avid reader of Mens Health magazine.

Kuco

Serial killer in the making.

PapaWheelie
    Free Member

Have him do the autism test posted here a while back.
    And stop his subscription to Men's Health — sounds like he's taking it too seriously

rOcKeTdOg

yep, sounds borderline autistic

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He has arrived………….KILL HIM !

I beg of you……..BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE !

iDave
    Free Member

weird kids are the best

juan
    Free Member

griz I just can't he's sooooooooooo cute. Honest 😀

loulouk
    Free Member

That sounds suspiciously OCD. Which in a 4 yr old, frankly terrifies me. He'll be practically normal when he grows up though ;O)

CountZero

Yeah, he sounds mildly autistic or OCD. plenty of people are, and function perfectly well, it's when their whole life is centered around a particular obsession that real problems arise. Just rejoice in the fact that a significant number of things that would have any other four year old kicking and screaming he calmly accepts and enjoys. Be very, very thankful.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

griz I just can't he's sooooooooooo cute. Honest

What, this cute ?

You HAVE to do it juan…………. already the world is experiencing a global economic crises, extreme weather conditions, planes grounded due to volcanic activity……….he is amongst us.

Do it before his power increases and it is too late.

molgrips
    Free Member

He's the only kid I know that willingly ask for food such as fish, spinach or even worth broccolis.

That's not that weird. I know lots of kids that like real food not just chicken nuggets.

The rest of it – sounds familar. Mild OCD, Asperger's syndrome… The world's a varied place, enjoy it 🙂 And kids are often weird when they're small, since they have little exposure to society to see what's normal. If I were you I'd be worried about when he goes to school – it's not going to be nice. Especially in a French school, from what I've heard!

PS you mean 'worse' or 'worst' not 'worth' I think.

alpin
    Free Member

And worth of everything he must

worse than that/ worst of all….. i read another of your posts, Juan, and it was near perfect.

sounds like the kid has autism/aspergers. my aunt's step kid was a little like this. would only eat certain foods when cut up a certain way. couldn't sit at the table if his knife, fork and spoon were all lined up. he used to sit under the table reading his WarHammer figurine book.

right odd little bastard. not helped by thr fact his dad shipped him off to public school and his mum was a **** nut.

one of our last housemates had, in my opinion, autism. was a **** nightmare to live with. couldn't sit down and talk without touching something, regardless of whether that 'something' was your mug, an apple or anything else that you may wish to put in your mouth.
    he'd come from the toilet and start touching cutlery in the draw without washing his hands. the best (actually worst) was his period where he'd 'forget' to flush the toilet after having a shit. the strangest thing was that there was never any paper in the bowl!!!!

agree with Ernie. get rid of him now. you'll be doing a generation a favour.

coffeeking
    Free Member

He sounds pretty normal to me, other than the toothbrush thing, the dirty thing and the tablecloth thing.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I should talk to a doctor about this. If there is any actual problem, rather than just a phase, getting help early will do everyone a favour.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"it's when their whole life is centered around a particular obsession that real problems arise"

You wait until you get him into bikes!

DezB
    Free Member

It'll be a phase. Kids go through loads of them. Each one more worrying than the last until the f(*&ers finally leave home.
    My kid used to love broccoli, peppers, steak, fruit.. now its just crap (not literally).

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

yeah it'd freak me out too! get him a mountain bike and teach him its fun to get mucky!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

amazing that so many diagnose mild OCD as autism 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

Barnes, we're not diagnosing, we're suggesting things that include OCD and various autistic traits.

Keef
    Free Member

Aspurgers ?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Barnes, we're not diagnosing, we're suggesting things that include OCD and various autistic traits.

but isn't it missing the point to think autism relates only to objects and habits when the major problem is interpersonal ?

alpin
    Free Member

yup, autism/aspergers are more social issues. clam up in social situations, don't understand/comprehend normal behaviour (see washing hands; although he did say he hand't got his hand dirty… weird lad), find it difficult to talk to strangers/groups.

one of my best mates has a mild streak of autism. bloody good bloke, very funny/witty, but clams up when there are other un-beknown people around. it's held him back a bit i think, especially with the birds….

molgrips
    Free Member

I don't think we do think that, do we? I was only noting that ASD could be something to look at.

juan
    Free Member

Well I suppose I need to progress as only griz seems to understand that my whole thread was a "sarccasm".
    Kid might be a bit odd but I don't think it's abnormal for kids his ages (mind you I can do any stat with only one sample 😉 ).

He's very good at school and have lots of friends, so I am positive he has not got autism 😉

He's just a clean kid… Well not too clean as he doesn't like ot have his head washed 😉

nickc

He sounds more or less like a kid to me…They do weird stuff you know? Ask yer mum, you probably had routines and things you did. I had a phase of insisting having toy cars lined up in "such" a way, my brother for a year or so eat nothing but mince.

molgrips
    Free Member

Some people reckon that almost all men are somewhere on the Autistic Spectrum. I am not sure I disagree with that.

parkesie
    Free Member

getting a shit on about saying the kid might have autism but not about someone saying kill him?

knob off with your tall horse

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

getting a shit on about saying the kid might have autism but not about someone saying kill him?

knob off with your tall horse

😕 Who's got "a shit on about saying the kid might have autism (whatever that means) but not about someone saying kill him" ?

I've scrolled up and down several times, but I'll be buggered if I know what the **** you're talking about.

juan
    Free Member

park I think the KILL HIM (with the caps lock) from griz is clearly a sarcasms that probably mean: " Hoi you stoopid juanny foreigner stop being such an idiot, the kid is normal"…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Some people reckon that almost all men are somewhere on the Autistic Spectrum

if it goes from 0 to 100% empathic, then everyone is somewhere on the ppectrum:)

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Could be OCD, then again, could be typical kid behaviour – they're all bloody mad you know. My five year old has to have his duvet tucked in 'just so' at the bottom of his bed, or he wont settle, among many other 'endearing' traits. To be frank, I think that nowadays, we're too quick to diagnose and label people – as long as he's happy, and it's not adverseley affecting his daily life, then I wouldnt get too hung up about it. They're all barking, that's all you need to remember!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Now I love him a lot, but…’ is closed to new replies.