Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Novice chainsaw-ist
  • jimjam
    Free Member

If I’m just processing firewood I prefer safety glasses and ear protection and I can barely use a saw with chainsaw gloves on so generally just use light thin gloves.

Chainsaw boots all the time though.

arcing
    Free Member

I spent some time on YouTube, and along with the comments feel far happier. Down to the local garden machinery place at the weekend to pick up my PPE.

neilnevill
    Free Member

What gloves have you jimjam? Mine are soft and comfy goat leather, just with a patch of wadding on the back of the left hand. I always wear gloves when handling logs for splinter protection anyway, so other than costing about £15 instead of about £5 I find them fine. Of all the ppe though they are the bit I’d forego.
    Not that I use a saw enough for it to be an issue but they also give that little bit of vibration absorption.

Scaled, :D. Yes still intact and very much intend to stay that way!

jimjam
    Free Member

I usually use Sky Tec Beta 1 like these

for similar reasons to yourself, avoiding minor cuts and splinters when handling logs/brash. They don’t restrict dexterity or handling at all, feel ok when wet and work with smart phones. They do many similar gloves, I just choose the Beta for visibility. They’re about £8 for two pairs. If it’s properly miserable I’ll use their thermal version.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Novice chainsaw-ist’ is closed to new replies.