Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 257 total)
  • NOTW Hacking [spoiler]
  • toys19
    Free Member

So as not upset those who can’t see the news until tonight or are away until Christmas and have bbc news 24 on sky plus I have added spoiler to the thread title:
    But the news is that Rebecckaerh Brooks has handed in her badge. Yay another one bites the dust!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Doesn’t surprise me that she’s had a hand in her badge. She looks a right dirty cow, that one.

M6TTF
    Free Member

bet she got a right good handshake package to walk though…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Don’t expect we’ll be seeing her down the job centre.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

🙂

And Rupe has had to rearrange his diary to appear before MPs. He originally refused but suddenly someone told him that could leadto him being arrested.

It ain’t over yet by along way. Jail time for coulson and Brooks I think, huge egg on face for Cameron -maybe(hopefully) resignation

he was warned off coulson on several occasions – information passed to his senior advisers but apparently no one told him – bullshine.

Milliband playing this well so far – will he go for the jugular? Cameron has lied in the house. Can he pin him on it?

j_me
    Free Member

I so hope they hacked 911 victims’ phones. They’ll get gaol time for certain in the states.

Junkyard
    Free Member

wait till the usa uses their anti-corruption legislation to hit with some super mega massive fines.
    Oh such schadenfruede

kimbers

fingers crossed the daily mail will go down next
    its quite tragic how they arent running with the story, you can understand it from the sun

i am very very happy though, now if only everyone would cancel their sky subscriptions…..

toys19
    Free Member

so hope they hacked 911 victims’ phones. They’ll get gaol time for certain in the states.

It makes you wonder the journos perpetrating this and all other intrusions into peoples lives, they say its in the public interest but obviously its in the interest of increasing sales. Did they ever think, ohh this is a bit naughty I wonder if it will ever come back and bite me on the ass?

I think they thought they were invincible.
    Ohhh the ironing.

ourmaninthenorth

am very very happy though, now if only everyone would cancel their sky subscriptions…..

Seriously crossed my mind….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member

wait till the usa uses their anti-corruption legislation to hit with some super mega massive fines.
    Oh such schadenfruede

Indeed – bribing british policemen can result in criminal action in the USA that leads to big jail time

toys19
    Free Member

Seriously crossed my mind….

Why not act on it? I have a digibox its great. But then I think wendyfootball is utter shite.

DenDennis
    Free Member

Why was Miliband not so indignant a few weeks ago? didn’t lots of shadow cabinet members (along with Torys) go to some slap up evening hosted by murdoch?

better hope his continued appointment of Tom Baldwin doesnt come back to bite him.

mucho political point scoring IMO

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oh no doubt labour have been obsequious to News International in the past – Brown even went to wades wedding IIRC.

However Coulson is a totally different issue to Baldwin.

cameron was told he was complicit in illegal activity and given the evidence ( or at least the senior aide was) Baldwin was a respected journalist not the editor who was complicit in criminal activity and lied about it under oath. Camerons denials simply are not credible. Thats the issue. Canerons credibility

sslowpace
    Free Member

Hopefully this can mean that the political power (leverage) that Murdoch has in this country can be gotten rid of permanently.

Good news on Brooks going, hopefully to the dock.

All the politicians are/were being leveraged by Murdoch and if you didn’t play ball you were destroyed in his rags, newspapers.

DenDennis
    Free Member

TJ

Camerons denials simply are not credible. Thats the issue.

good point- seems he’s been indoctrinated in the Alistair Campbell school of responses- deny everything with increasing agressiveness the more you are made to look like an eejit

enduro-aid
    Free Member

while i am happy to see the dodgy side of the press hung out to dry like this i cant help thinking that the goverment and by that i mean all parties are loving this as its making them look good and distracting from there screw ups!

Can everyone please remember that the same printed media that they are now bad mouthing were less than a year ago exposing the MP’s for spending £00000000’s on friggin moats for a duck pond or sh*g*ng shacks for there extra marital lovers!!

todays headline in the metro was “GOTCHA” Parliment forces murdochs to face grilling from MP’s!!!

the MP’s are as bent as the Murdochs

toys19
    Free Member

Teej, you are a fool if you think Millitwat is cleaner than cameron, he isn’t, you are a fool if you fall for party politics, labour fecked this country as bad as the cons ever did and ever will, they are all self serving scum. You make yourself sound very shrill with this continued heckling of the tories, if your support for Labour is as strong as your hatred for the tories then you are a lot less smart than you would have us believe.
    Blair lied, Brown Lied, Cameron lied. Where exactly is the difference? You can come out with some policy based claptrap but you are deluding yourself.

toys19
    Free Member
    binners

Yeah… interesting to see a few people in parliament grow a pair all of a sudden. Too little, too late

There are a few MP’s who come out of this with some credit. But no-one who’s ever been near a cabinet office, that’s for sure. With the possible exception of Vince Cable, who must be laughing his tits off at the moment.

Brown probably comes out as bad as Call-me-Dave. Having a tirade against Rebbecca Wade doesn’t really cut it when you turned up to her wedding! Hypocrite!!

Interesting article in the Guardian this morning by Ian Katz. Saying that James Murdoch and Rebecca Brooks constantly bragged that they didn’t have to go to number ten to have meetings with the PM, they just popped round

Unsurprisingly, Call-me-Dave is somewhat reticent of divulging exactly how many times they ‘popped round’ in the last six months. Quelle surprise!

I think that’s a question that isn’t going to go away though

SamB
    Free Member
    kimbers

milliband is cleaner the cameron simply because murdoch hasnt had enough time to get his claws into him, whereas dave has been gently easing himself into murdochs crevice for a while now, red ed came out of nowhere to become labour leader

and if you think labour fuct the country as bad as the cons did, id say you had been reading too many news international papers!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Toys – if you think there is something equivalent to the appointment of coulson that labour did then let the papers know – they would love it.

Coulson was to be Murdochs man in number 10

Camerons senir aides were warned tht he has involved in illegal behaviour. Cameron still hired him and was still defending that decision last week.

Its one of he biggest political stories for decades. Its corruption, its the PM lying. It shows how flawed Camerons judgement is. I think its of similar importance to Poulson, to Kagan. It really could be Camerons demise

Just because I can see thru the tory lies and propaganda does not make me an apologist for labour

Junkyard
    Free Member

Millitwat

Wow you must have been a genius in the playground.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Sam B – where the hell did you find that? I’d be frightened if I hadn’t noticed most of the posters are probably taking a break from humping their sisters somewhere in Arkansas…

All things considered, I’m glad to see that my dad’s philosophy on life is still being proved correct – he always told me that it doesn’t matter how big you think you are, there’s always someone bigger out there capable of tearing you a new one.

sobriety
    Free Member

dave has been gently easing himself into murdochs crevice

I think you’ll find that it’s probably the other way round!

vinnyeh

Slightly mad article on the power of the BBC

That’s a great rant, you need to read the comments (and expand the replies to them) to appreciate fully.

kimbers

sobriety – Member

dave has been gently easing himself into murdochs crevice

I think you’ll find that it’s probably the other way round!

yeah i cant quite figure out which way round it goes- its some kind of ouroboros/daisy chain/human centipede thing involving politicians/police/press

toys19
    Free Member

Wow you must have been a genius in the playground.

Well I wanted to call Dave Camer-SYNT but I didn’t think it would make it past the filter.

What’s the issue anyway? Are you some kind of millibandophile? Do you think he is the working man’s hero who if given the chance will sort this place out?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It will be interesting to see what dirt sticks to Cam.

Daily Mail

Although unrelated, the indie reported that the DM has increased it’s price due to dropping advertising revenues. I hope it is the beginning of the end.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

I think he’s just calling you on the lazy underlying ad hominem of the term.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think to put **** in his name is childish and puerile and not even funny. Why you did not realise this with my original comment is lost on me.
    Yes when I call people by their actual name without inserting a swear /rude word it usually means I harbour some sort of deep rooted love for them and think all they do is brilliant.
    Yes lazy ad hominem would sum it up in fewer words.

toys19
    Free Member

I’ll put my hands up to lazy.

childish and puerile and not even funny.

Tick, Tick, and I wasn’t trying to make anyone laugh except myself.

But your venom over this now smells of more than just the need to morally correct me, isn’t it more about how it has hurt you?

Or more playground like if you want. Jeesus Christ get over yourself, I pointed out quite obviously that I think they are all total scum, the Ad hominem is implicit in my dislike of all of them.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Anybody else think she’s modelled herself on the Sigourney Weaver character from working girl?

Former news international employee and friend of Politicians everywhere.

Sigourney Weaver as Katharine Parker

bigdawg
    Free Member

Yeah… interesting to see a few people in parliament grow a pair all of a sudden. Too little, too late

There are a few MP’s who come out of this with some credit. But no-one who’s ever been near a cabinet office, that’s for sure. With the possible exception of Vince Cable, who must be laughing his tits off at the moment.

Brown probably comes out as bad as Call-me-Dave. Having a tirade against Rebbecca Wade doesn’t really cut it when his wife organsied her wedding reception! Hypocrite!!

Interesting article in the Guardian this morning by Ian Katz. Saying that James Murdoch and Rebecca Brooks constantly bragged that they didn’t have to go to number ten to have meetings with the PM, they just popped round

Unsurprisingly, Call-me-Dave is somewhat reticent of divulging exactly how many times they ‘popped round’ in the last six months. Quelle surprise!

I think that’s a question that isn’t going to go away though

there you go corrected for you… Milliband was also onthe list of vip’s for her wedding… Funny how not many are mentioning this…

Both sides are going to come out of this with egg on their face and prob not a lot more.. Any thoughts of the PM resigning over it, as much chance as me winning the next £161million euromillion jackpot…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

thing is bigdawg Cameron has shown very poor judgement and has lied – or is massively incompetent and runs an incompetent office.

couple this with the weakness of his position not holding a natural majority in his own party or in parliament?

he is beholden to too many people and interest groups and someone will pull the plug. How much longer will the lib dem rank and file put up with him? How long till the tory right explodes? How long till one of the key players spill the beans.

apparently the warnings from the Guardian were not passed on to him (so he claims) as they contained nothing that was not already public knowledge(the aides claim) There was actully seriosu stuff in the warning that was sub judice so not public knowledge at the time. if there were not then the aide is incompetence and Camerons judgement is called in question for that. if the aide did pass the massage on Cameron lied.

Coulson could and should go to jail.

Its going to be hard for him to wriggle out of this. private eye will be intertesting

toys19
    Free Member

Just because I can see thru the tory lies and propaganda does not make me an apologist for labour

I think this portrays exactly what I mean. You are happy to delude yourself that you have your leaders in check, because fine you can critisize Labour, you won’t defend them by apologising for them.

But would you say this: the LABOUR lies and propaganda?

I would, because they are all at it. The sooner we all see it the better.

bigdawg
    Free Member

thing is bigdawg Cameron has shown very poor judgement and has lied – or is massively incompetent and runs an incompetent office.

Unfortunately the same can be said of the previous two prime ministers…

Im no tory or labour lover, not really enamoured at any of the current parties, or their representatives tbh, Theyre all as bad as each other… But milliband just comes across as weak and chasing soundbites its ridiculous… He hasnt actually mentioned why he was at brooke’s wedding as he..??

Also she’s got a reputation as a bit of a ball breaker (quite literally) if she doesnt get her way…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So Toys – when did labour appoint one of murdochs henchmen to a position of power despite being warned he was involved in all sorts of illegality?

bigdawg – this is far more corrupt that anything I have seen for decades.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Thing is – any conviction of Coulson is going to fall down, illegal arrest and unlawful search of journalistic material, police have fecked it up.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 257 total)

The topic ‘NOTW Hacking [spoiler]’ is closed to new replies.