Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • nothing like preparation! Afan/Glyncorrwg this weekend anyone?
  • Hey, im thinking of heading to Glyncorrwg this sat am if anyone is going or fancies going? Never been before, so was planning on hitting W2 trail on Sat and either the wall or whytes level again on sunday or maybe even scampering off down to Cwmcarn and riding there?

Anyone interested?

Nick

mudshark
    Free Member

Just got back from a trip to Afan – BTW, W2 is Wall and Whytes so maybe you want to try something else?

was it good? Yeah from what I can tell off t'interweb whytes and the wall are the better trails and look more up my street! so i was planning on taking my time on the uphills and enjoying the dh's!

FuzzyWuzzy

It's worth doing July on the second day for a change, has the White's climb but some of the better Skyline descents (without doing all of the fireroad sections).

uplink
    Free Member

Don't forget to tie you bike to something immovable – there's a very significant group of bike thieves working that place
    At least there is if the recent posts on here are anything to go by

I'd stay outside of Afan/Glyncorrwg somewhere & make sure I told them at the visitor centre that I was doing it & why

woodsman
    Free Member

what uplink said – when we were there a few months back, a bike was taken from a locked car, in daylight!

grahamt1980

anyone got any suggestions for campsites outside the area we are heading up there later today

colin@rush
    Free Member

I think that Afan is a safer bet than glyncorrwg, i've been parking there for 15yrs without any issue's even at night, but the local toe rags lately have become more active, afan car park is also manned by 2 lads, but the campsite is better at glyncorrwg…
    You could camp in porthcawl its about 20min away on the M4 and has numerous campsites…

colin@rush
    Free Member

Also just to add that porthcawl usually has better weather being on the coast, don't get me wrong this is wales it still rains but the weather is usually a fair bit better south of the M4…

allthepies
    Free Member

As above, be VERY careful with bike security.

spesh
    Free Member

Having had my bike nicked from the campsite at Glyncorrwg a couple of weeks ago, I can't emphasise enough the security message. Don't let it put you off though, the trails are ace. We did W2 Saturday and Whites Sunday and it was spot on.

Carpediem
    Free Member

If there's a few of you going, my cousin has 2 houses he lets out. Their about 200m from Afan: http://www.afanforestbreaks.co.uk/booking.htm

orena45

Slight hijack – I'm heading off to Afan next weekend with Stevethebarbarian, Olly and a few others and was planning on doing Skyline on the Saturday but am wondering if W2 would be better – any opinions?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘nothing like preparation! Afan/Glyncorrwg this weekend anyone?’ is closed to new replies.