Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Not too baggy baggies
  • jruk
    Free Member

It’s time for some new baggies and I’m after some that aren’t too baggy / flappy and ideally have a pocket big enough for a OS map and compass. I’ve already got some Altura Attack 3/4 waterproof shorts and like the slippery material as it makes getting off the back easier.

Any suggestions?

_tom_
    Free Member

I like my POC Flow shorts, they fit very nicely if a bit snug round the man parts, would probably go up a size if buying again but the 32s were on sale! The material is good for not making water bead up so they don’t get completely soaked, and it seems pretty tough.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You can get shorts with OS sized pockets?

andyl
    Free Member

my northface shorts had pockets like that. Don’t think my Endura ones will take a map but I’ve never tried it.

jruk
    Free Member

My Oakleys take an OS map in the thigh / front pocket but they’re too baggy in the arse now I’ve lost weight which is why I’m looking. Annoying as they’re good shorts.

Offroading
    Free Member

Im in the same boat although i don’t need the pocket.

I’ve started to hate my Fox high frequency shorts, so baggy they bash agaisnt the top tube!

The Fox Altitude looks fairly snug whilst being baggy.

If that makes any sense.

therag
    Free Member

Endura singletrack are slimish fitting baggies, good pockets but I can’t fit my knee pads under them

moraycup

Endura hummvee’s got pockets big enough for a map (and enough other pockets for virtually anything else you can think off). Singletracks are slimmer fitting.

rOcKeTdOg

U can get OS maps in the back pocket of old style endura singletracks

mrmo
    Free Member

humour me please, why the hell would you want a big heavy map banging into your thigh with every pedal stroke?

AngusWells

………to navigate with? Just a hunch.

OS maps fit quite nicely in the big pockets on the rear of Humvees

mrmo
    Free Member

i get that bit, but why in short pockets?

AngusWells

Because they’re too big to stuff down your socks.

AngusWells

Sorry, that was a bit facecious. Because it is accessible. I can’t always reach the pockets on the back of my shirt with a Camelbak on and I don’t like having to stop to retrieve a map from the pack either. On the Humvees the map sits behind my thigh and doesn’t impeed my pedal stroke especially if you cut the cardboard cover off the map. Works for me.

druidh
    Free Member

Compared to many shirts the Humvees are close fitting.

FWIW, I prefer to use a GPS these days.

binners

Sombrio shorts are far more fitted than most and don’t flap about

chives
    Free Member

[ On the Humvees the map sits behind my thigh and doesn’t impeed my pedal stroke especially if you cut the cardboard cover off the map.]

I tried that with my Singletracks – and wore through a goodly portion of a map. There’s no flap on the thigh pockets, so if you hit anything wet the map takes a beating. Odd design choice really, because I can’t see what else you’d want to store in those thigh pockets? Maps are a pain – the rear pocket on my Gridlock jacket is too small to take an OS map ‘flat’ – shame they couldn’t have made the pocket an inch or so wider.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Not too baggy baggies’ is closed to new replies.