• This topic has 39 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by gamo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Not TheBikeChain Pentlands Wed night ride thread.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Last week I offered to guide a ride in Midlothian, Newtongrange to be exact.
    Meet at the library, there's parking to the side of it and its just off Main Street, opposite Newbattle swimming pool, between 6.30 and 7.00 Bring the usual stuff and beer money as there will be a pub stop at The Sun Inn at some point. Oh yeah, bring protection for nettles and brambles and your singletrack swerve for the tree lined singletrack.

ojom
    Free Member

ye ken how i said i would be all over this…
    i will in actual fact be in Germlandia supping Dunkel whilst you are riding.

oops.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I thought so, go easy on the speed boats.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Sounds interesting! will hopefully make it to this one.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Bring lights too everybody, it'll be dark in the woods.

ojom
    Free Member

Motor boating.. on the lake. Mmm.

italspark
    Free Member

mountain biking in "Nitten"…whatever next ?

jimmy

ze dinkel…? das ist der uberbier.

I hope to be out but am riding with work folk tmrow. shouldn't gamble on Big Wednesdays.

jimmy

merrrter berrrts? whats then then, eh?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Not much climbing, loadsa singletrack and beer, come on Jimmy.

coastkid
    Free Member

i will be tailend charlie so we dont loose anyone in the woods 😮
    mind and warn everyone about that fence steven 😉

robgarrioch

In a curious spell of romantic short-sightedness, booked for the other half + myself to see 'The Illusionist' on Wednesday night. Hope you'll do another one Steven that I can attend.

(off oop Pent's tonight on a climbing mission, if anyone's interested)

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

The Illusionist is good rob, saw it on the opening night of the film festival. Would've joined you tonight, but i'm off out for a run soon.

As usual, can't make weds night rides as it clashes with my yoga class 🙄

thesurfbus
    Free Member

I would be up for a ride around Nitten some other time, I am in Rosewell and my mate that I ride with lives in Eighth Street, we are doing the Kielder 100 at the weekend so will just be a couple of gentle rides this week.

Doug

gamo
    Free Member

Steven think I will tag along, where are thinking?

househusband

Me too, just about to stick lights on charge.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Well reminded, I've got a spare set charged up for anyone that hasn't got lights. Better go and put my others on charge. Haven't decided on a route yet but we won't be going far afield but will probably do a lot round the golf course and Newbattle Church. Think we'll give the fence a miss CK, but you never can tell.

jimmy

can anyone offer a lift from Edinbruff? Think the missus will have the wheels corrr blimey

coastkid
    Free Member

heres a vid of one of the trails we will do for a taster for those who havent ridden out here… clicky here -:)

gamo
    Free Member

I can also bring a spare light if anybody needs one?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I can maybies gie ya a lift likes ken. Got a friend that mights be ables to gie ya a lift back too. will message ya ma mobile number.

coastkid
    Free Member

i have a spare HID hope search light, helmet mounted which someone can use but there are a few of low branches so if you break it you replace it 😮

AntM
    Free Member

Grid ref for the start/meet point please. Not sure I can make it but just in case….

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

333 642 give or take. EH22 4LG. Or old fashioned directions, head south along Main Street and its just after the park, the swimming pool is opposite it on the right hand side. Or click on the thing below.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=newtongrange+library&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Jimmy, I'll be leaving from roseburn\murrayfield and can give you a lift if you need it. Bike will be chucked in the back on top of mine if that's ok with you. Email me tomorrow.

druidh
    Free Member

For this without the means/desire/will to make it out to Midlothian, I'll be planning to set off from the shop around the normal time and up to the Bonaly newsagent as normal for around 7.

Those returning to town should best pack some lights with them.

robgarrioch

Real nice riding up the tops just now Colin – dried out loads and just moist enough for cohesive grip-ology.

A few of these signs up around the access points at Castlelaw Farm + the Army 'ravine road' up Allermuir –

Fortnightly night-rider shoot for when the grouse are extinct! I'm up there most Tuesdays too…

AlasdairMc

I'll be along tonight, and may bring a friend if he gets out of work early enough. Could he borrow a light as I don't have a spare?

jimmy

Won't be coming tonight unfortunately. Wee bitty tired. Thanks for the lift offers.

druidh
    Free Member

Dinnae have any lights spare atm (at least not charged and ready to be used). I'm hoping we'll be off the hills early enough that I'll not need mine though, so he can always borrow mine if it's a problem.

coastkid
    Free Member

Alistair i have a spare hope light packed so can use that 😮

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

James yer a lightweight.

AntM
    Free Member

can't get away, wee man's Birthday Tea. Maybe 2 weeks time.

jimmy

stevenmenmuir – Member
    James yer a lightweight.

But but but…. ah never mind…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Singletrack, bramble whiskey, singletrack, beer, singletrack, happy.

coastkid
    Free Member

great night, thanks Steven, and all who came along, trails are good this now 😮
    some pics;

pugsley meets pigsley…

so fast i couldnt get them…

after sundown…

tonights leader…

film to do tomorrow…

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Really enjoyed that guys, thanks. now googleing Bramble Whisky!

coastkid
    Free Member

heres some film before it got dark, hopefully soon at the speed of todays technology we will soon be able to buy cheap helmet cams that film in the dark 😮

clicky here…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Nice one Bruce, maybe not a bad thing it was too dark to film the best bits, get to keep them to ourselves that way. Good effort from Paul and Alasdair making it all the way out from the smoke, hope you enjoyed it.

gamo
    Free Member

Good ride and good little film Bruce, as Steven said not giving too
    much away either!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Not TheBikeChain Pentlands Wed night ride thread.’ is closed to new replies.