Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Not sure what coil spring to get
  • astura
    Free Member

Have Santa Cruz Heckler (2004 – 2006) with a 5th element shock with a 350lb, 2.25 spring on it. I need a 500lb spring but not sure for this shock wether the stroke should be 2.25 or 2″,, can anybody advise?

scruff
    Free Member

Keep the same stoke length for the new spring, just change the lb’s. I’m pretty sure I put a manitou on my 5th, cheaper from TF Tuned at the time.

astura
    Free Member

I’m a little concerned when I spoke to tft this morning and they advised that they could replace the seal kit.but wouldn’t be able to.change any.spare parts.

Are these shocks worth servicing or is it worth trying to get hold of a dhx 5

Only thing I can think to.do is change the coil and see how it goes

scruff
    Free Member

Do you want coil? Some cheap Fox air shocks on CRC if you can find the right size, then £35 for a retune at Loco.

astura
    Free Member

Just trying to spend as little money as possible at the mo. But don’t want to fork out money if its no5 worth it

stevied
    Free Member

I had the upgrade service @ TF on my 5th element and am really happy with the results.
    Also fitted the right spring for my weight which helped too.

I would ask TF which spring you need for your bike (they know most things) and get it from them.

astura
    Free Member

Yeh, i have spoke with TF today, they told me i need a 500lb spring which i can get, but the price of a service on an older shock that i dont know the history of makes me think that a new shock may be better.

Northwind

Even if you change shock, the coil will probably be compatible- spring rate and length are down to the stroke and length of the shock, not the model (though, some are wider than others). So it’s not that likely to be wasted.

I ought to have a 500 x 2.25 somewhere, want me to have a look?

astura
    Free Member

Yes mate if you could that would be great

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Not sure what coil spring to get’ is closed to new replies.