Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • not sure this frame exists but…
  • rOcKeTdOg

Want: HT that takes 650b+29″ with nice short stays, up to 130mm fork, lots of stand over , slackish HA & roomy TT

ajt123
    Free Member

Cotic?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Pact will make the things no one wants to ride.

honourablegeorge

Canfield?

rOcKeTdOg

Cotic: longish stays

pact: Ti only so too many £££

Canfield: 650b+ compatible?

edhornby

wasn’t there a st mag review of these kinda things ?

custom steel?

parkwood frame and respray it 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

wasn’t there a st mag review of these kinda things

Not with any of the above criteria apart from the + size compatibility

kennedy
    Free Member

Curtis Bikes?

Clobber
    Free Member

New trek stache?

timmys

Stanton Sherpa sounds along the right lines but not sure about 650+. There’s a 19″ frame in the classisifeds.

EDIT; Just received an email from Cotic saying the Solaris now has updated geometry;
    http://www.cotic.co.uk/product/new_solaris#history
    Don’t think stays are shortened but the other changes sound up your street (650b+ optimised, longer, slacker, biased towards longer fork)

rOcKeTdOg

Stache is 29+ though, fine for long rides & bikepacking but 27.5+/29″ would be better & more versatile/fun for dicking about in the woods

thepodge
    Free Member

Keeping a good eye on this as its an idea I’m toying with too.

My main concern is knowing what frames are 650b+ compatible before committing to the rims

Clobber
    Free Member

Stache is 29+ though, fine for long rides & bikepacking but 27.5+/29″ would be better & more versatile/fun for dicking about in the woods

Nope… it is 27.5+ as well with it adjustable chain stay length

rOcKeTdOg

Not sure Trek are importing frames only but yes, that’s one to consider

jfb01
    Free Member

How about the 2Souls QuarterHorse?Not sure if it would take a 27.5+ rear wheel but there should be someone on here who would know.

Candodavid
    Free Member

QH? Should think it will take 27.5+ as I have a 2.4 Onza Ibex on a 30mm internal lb rim, if you have one and are local to Somerset you can try one in mine

woodster

Canfield EPO?

singlespeedstu

http://forums.mtbr.com/27-5-29/27-5-frame-compatibility-thread-post-your-setup-957906.html
    Nimble9 and Yelli both fit 650B+ wheels.
    The EPO has more rear clearance than the Yelli so should also be fine.
    I’m currently thinking about an EPO with this setup. Just not sure I want to spend that much $ on a hartail frame. 😕

My QH would also fit them but i’d have to pull the wheel back in the sliders which I don’t want to do. It’s tight enough with a 29- 2.35 on a Flow and the wheel forwards.

rOcKeTdOg

But of a coincidence but new Solaris launched today, has clearance but 445mm stays, that doesn’t sound short compared to Treks 420 or is it?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

445mm stays are long in any language

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

http://www.swarfcycles.co.uk/index.php/products-swarf/spline

?

Pricey. Pop up on my Facebook feed from time to time, doing some lovely frames!!

tazzymtb

Stooge..works a treat with a boingy front end, short stays, massive standover..etc…650+ easy peasy

rOcKeTdOg

Stooge..works a treat with a boingy front end, short stays, massive standover..etc…650+ easy peasy

designed around a rigid fork though

coomber
    Free Member

New onza bikes perhaps?

tazzymtb

Not necessarily mr dog, have a chat to andy, the new ti version has a new headtube to allow for taper steere boingy and the older steel version was also tested vigorously with 100-130 mm 51mm offset forks and found to be a mental little ripper. One of the most funnest loonatic bikes ive owned

bikeneil
    Free Member

Kona Taro frame would be ideal if you have a Kona dealer near you.

funkrodent

Resurrecting this thread as have a 2Souls Quarterhorse and thinking of running it with 27.5+ and 3″ (or so) tyres. Anyone done this/know anybody whose done it? Anything I need to be aware of? Cheers

Gotama
    Free Member

QH is too tight with a Nobby nic 2.8 on an i35 to the point where a slight wobble in the tyre mount and it rubs. You might get a wtb trailblazer in there ok but there really isn’t much room and that tyre with the QH kind of defeats the point in my eyes. The stays are too chunky and shaped in the wrong area with QH.

tang
    Free Member

These lads would sort you out.

https://www.btr-fabrications.com

funkrodent

Gotama – Member
    QH is too tight with a Nobby nic 2.8 on an i35 to the point where a slight wobble in the tyre mount and it rubs. You might get a wtb trailblazer in there ok but there really isn’t much room and that tyre with the QH kind of defeats the point in my eyes. The stays are too chunky and shaped in the wrong area with QH.

Thanks mate, was having a closer look at the QH today and there’s not a huge amount of clearance with the tyres she is shod with right now, so the 27.5+ idea is nothing more than a pipedream. And I kind of agree with you regarding the suitability, it was after all designed to do what it does extremely well. Something that it excels at. So why mess with a winning formula?

the00
    Free Member

Scandal has a 444mm chainstay
    Solaris 445mm
    FF29 445mm

Stache at 420mm is noticeably shorter, but single ring only.

cokie
    honourablegeorge

Since this thread has returned…..how about the Last Fast Forward?

450 reach on the large, 64 HA, 426 stays, takes plus tyres.

epicyclo

the00 – Member
    Scandal has a 444mm chainstay

Scandal 27.5+ does not fit (Hugo rim, Trailblazer 2.8″)

But it does fit a TD-1

transition1
    Free Member

New Ragley Big Wig
    Just bought one is an immense frame & can run 29er & 27.5+
    65 head angle, it replaced my Stanton Switchback & so far does everything the Stanton did but faster!

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Jamis Dragonslayer. Fits the bill and rather nice to look at IMO. Not sure it’s available anywhere as a frame. Rave reviews on it from the US too.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘not sure this frame exists but…’ is closed to new replies.