Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Not sure about this…. (Queen & Freddie Mercury content)
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11340336

Ali G and Borat star Sacha Baron Cohen is to play Freddie Mercury in a film about Queen, the rock band's guitarist Brian May has confirmed to the BBC.

donsimon
    Free Member

What's the problem?

terrahawk
    Free Member

I reckon he'll play that part brilliantly.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, excellent bit of casting I'd say. SBC can do camp so well, but also play parts of really quite vulnerable and lonely people. Look forward to seeing it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yeah, I s'pose so. Just find it off to think of anyone playing Freddie on screen really. One of those undefinable characters who's going to be hard to play, IMO!

I hope he does well….!

Jamie
    Free Member

Someone should get on to the Guinness Book of Records. I think CFH just broke the record for quickest U-Turn 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I don't recall the original direction of his travel, so I'm not aware of any U-turn.

All he said was, that he 'wasn't sure of this'. He didn't express a view one way or another.

project
    Free Member

So who else could play FM, Justin Beber, George Michael, Stephen Fry.

Seems as if SBC is the ideal chap, and should be an excellent film, of the life of a great icon.

JulianA
    Free Member

Hmmm. Sounds interesting. We'll see.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Indeed, Elfin, I was, and remain to some degree, unsure about anyone playing Mr Mercury. However, as you put it, he can

can do camp so well, but also play parts of really quite vulnerable and lonely people.

This makes me begin to think it could work!

MrSparkle

And he does good moustache.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Actually, I'm now struggling to think of anyone more suited to the role. Nope, I can't.

SCB is an intensely private character, who refuses to play the media game. Ironic really, considering his characters. Not too dissimilar to FM, who always seemed quite awkward in interviews and that, but when performing, was amazing.

I think SBC is a real talent. Forget Ali G, Borat, Bruno; his ability to be something else is amazing.

Good luck to him I say.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Not sure about this…. (Queen & Freddie Mercury content)’ is closed to new replies.