Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Not so innocent smoothies
  • imnotverygood

Anyone noticed that Innocent appear to be selling 750ml cartons of smoothies which look pretty similar to the 1 litre ones. Wonder if the price has dropped by 25%?

RealMan
    Free Member

Was more interesting when they exploded.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

everythings getting smaller! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-13725050

Olly
    Free Member

innocent have been using modified fruit for ages and no one cares.

Apparently a Boysenberry is a Bastid crosbreed of a raspberry and a blackberry!

thats PRACTICALLY GM!

wont some body think of the children?!

Oggles
    Free Member

They are also selling a 1.25l carton! Wonder if the price has increased by 25% ?!

from their website:

This means our 750ml cartons are cheaper per pack, but cost a bit more per ml than our old 1L cartons. Our 1.25L cartons are a higher price per pack, but are the same price per ml as our 1L cartons.

I think what’s a bit sneakier is Yeo Valley sell their small milk in 1 litre bottles rather than 2 pints. so it doesn’t look that much more expensive than a regular 2 pint not organic milk.

LeeW

I blame Coca Cola.

donsimon
    Free Member

Likewise, speaking after the announcement that Imperial Leather bars would be shrinking, PZ Cussons’ finance director Brandon Leigh said shoppers would always resist price rises more than size reductions.

“The price point has become more important than the size of the product,” he added.

“Consumers only have a certain amount of money in their pockets and are paying more for fuel and other items, so I’m sure they would rather this than the price going up.”
    From the BBC. How does this work then?

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Yep, I stopped with Innocent once they did the coke deal. I make my own now, which are better, fresher, and not supporting murdering of Trade Unionists or the plundering of water resources……

jockhaggis
    Free Member

11g sugar per 100ml – or 22 teaspoons per litre carton.

Like having 7 sugars in your coffee. 😕

LycraLout
    Free Member

Not to worry, I’m sure ernie will be along soon to cut and paste some indecipherable nonsense to prove some unrelated point. Meanwhile, here’s a graph

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I don’t care. I care more about the fact that I wish I’d thought of selling overpriced, zapped fruit in fancy cartons, making a big deal about how they’re 10 of your 5 a day and made millions from it.

wallop

Like having 7 sugars in your coffee.

It’s alright though, cos it’s natural 😆 8)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

LycraLout – Member

Not to worry, I’m sure ernie will be along soon to cut and paste some indecipherable nonsense to prove some unrelated point.

Try to restrict your abuse of people to threads which they have actually posted on mate, like that it gives them a greater opportunity to respond.

Or is that what you were trying to avoid ?

molgrips
    Free Member

I care more about the fact that I wish I’d thought of selling overpriced, zapped fruit in fancy cartons, making a big deal about how they’re 10 of your 5 a day and made millions from it.

That is ridiculously bitter and twisted. Company in making product to sell for profit SHOCKER!!!

PS it’s not overpriced either. Last time I tried it was indeed cheaper than buying all the fruit separately. I used to make my own smoothies which were lovely but plenty of work and flippin expensive.

It’s almost as if it were made from pure fruit! Oh my god!

You people are bloody ridiculous sometimes, it’s quite incredible what you’ll find to whinge about! It’s almost as if you WANT to be miserable bastards.. like it’s some kind of lifestyle choice that you’re pursuing.

🙄

LHS
    Free Member

What he said ^^^^

maxray
    Free Member

Lol @ molgrips, could feel your frustration in that post. You are so right mind.

zokes
    Free Member

Best keep away from that 5-a-day advice then…..

jockhaggis
    Free Member

You people are bloody ridiculous sometimes, it’s quite incredible what you’ll find to whinge about! It’s almost as if you WANT to be miserable bastards.. like it’s some kind of lifestyle choice that you’re pursuing.

Just stating a fact my dear fellow. No whinge there. 🙂

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Sugars bad irrespective of the form it takes

onehundredthidiot

Bushwacked – Member

POSTED 2 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

<refraining from asking for the medial evidence to support this banal “fact”>
    Depending on where, or indeed, an apostrophe was meant to go. Do you mean “sugar’s” (sugar is) as in the white refined sucrose or all sugars (many types of sugar)?
    </refraining from asking for the medial evidence to support this banal “fact”>

konabunny
    Free Member

<refrains from pointing out speeling mistake in pedantic post>

Coyote
    Free Member

Watch your mouth Sonny-Jim

fadda

Molgrips for pm!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

lol coyote, wondered who would pick up on that 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

humour/sarcasm doesn’t come across well via the tinterweb does it molgrips? Does suppose it helps having had a humour-removal operation…

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

GrahamS

Erm…. I don’t think you’re supposed to drink the entire litre in one sitting. 😀

I just had an innocent as part of my breakfast: 180ml carton of strawberries, blackberries and raspberries (lovely):

Carbohydrate (of which sugars) 9.2g per 100ml (16.6g for the full 180ml serving) ~ or roughly 4 teaspoons of sugar if you want to express it like that, though this isn’t “added sugar”, it’s just what’s in the fruit.

If you’d squeezed your own fresh orange juice you might feel more virtuous, but you’d get roughly the same amount of sugar.

So what’s the issue?

BadlyWiredDog

I guess the real concern is that eventually all FMCGs will reduce in size down to molecular level which will make shopping exponentially difficult, but on the plus side will allow you to carry your entire weekly shop in a small envelope. This’ll save resources, petrol – no need to drive to the supermarche – and reduce obesity.

On balance I think Innocent should be applauded for their foresight.

GrahamS

Right, so sugary things like apples, bananas and oranges are bad?
    Non-sugary things like butter, cheese and chips are good?

That’s my new diet sorted. Thanks for the advice.

molgrips
    Free Member

Innocent smoothies have a low GI by the way…

Hairychested
    Free Member

<refrains from pointing out speeling mistake in pedantic post>

GrahamS

Innocent smoothies have a low GI by the way…

Bushwacked
    Free Member

More fuel…

Sugars bad… M’Kay!

GrahamS

‘sake. That reads like a collection of Daily Mail headlines. 🙂

I suspect you could replace “sugar” with just about any compound and make up a pretty similar list, especially when taken in excessive amounts.

Everything in moderation. I’d love to know what your diet is like if you seriously don’t eat anything with ANY sugar in it. 😯

onehundredthidiot

114 “facts”
    like this one.

15. Sugar can increase fasting levels of glucose.

Erm Glucose is a sugar.

Cougar

I suspect you could replace “sugar” with just about any compound and make up a pretty similar list, especially when taken in excessive amounts.

Kid round our way nearly died recently from eating too much curry.

Police came round and found him in a korma.

GrahamS

I blame his nan.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Everything in moderation

Finally someone with some intelligence 🙄

Where did I say anything about me not eating any sugar. I don’t eat a great deal (mainly from veg and fruit) as I keep it to a minimum and I’ve been feeling great since I have made the change.

Cougar

I blame his nan.

I’m having that. “He was later found in a korma by his nan.”

*applauds*

joao3v16
    Free Member

@molgrips

It’s called “Being British” … we’re world-renowned for moaning about anything and everything we can. Even things that we can easily avoid or have nothing to do with.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Not so innocent smoothies’ is closed to new replies.