Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Not riding the STW Weekender, Is it worth coming?
  • thepodge
    Free Member

I’ll not be able to bring my bike over on the weekend so can’t ride it but figured I might pop over anyway, catch up with a few home town friends and my dad then drop by the quarry.

is there going to be any non racing stuff, i.e. tents with expensive stuff in / stalls / etc. or am I just going to be freezing my nuts off watching people go round and round?

TonyL
    Free Member

Worth coming there will be demo bikes etc will be sun shine all weekend and lots of people to watch. Round of the national trails champs on on the sunday as well. Can you not borrow/hire a bike speak to craig at Ride On or someone at Blazing Saddles they might have a demo bike you could hire.

thepodge
    Free Member

The girlfriend and I will be coming over on the motorbike so I’ll not really have room for mountain biking gear as well as the other stuff.

I borrowed a bike off Craig not long after he opened. a Sintesi I think, leant it on the fence when I went to open a gate and got a massive shock when I picked it up. it was a bloody electric fence, my mate proper p1ssed him self laughing

matthew_h
    Free Member

Mr Podge,

You’re in Sheffield aren’t you? There are quite a few of us from over here riding at the Weekender and I’m sure that between us we could get a bike and kit over there for you if you wanted to enter

akira

Anyone know how many places are left, was considering trying to persuade a few people to go but would be less fun if we didn’t all get in.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Anyone know how many places are left, was considering trying to persuade a few people to go but would be less fun if we didn’t all get in.

It’s still early days and lots of people I’ve spoken to are still “just thinking” about getting booked in. Get it sorted in the next week or so and you should be fine. Bookings are going out and a couple of the pre-rides are getting full.

I’ve been up in the Quarry a lot lately, riding and talking to people. There is a big buzz about the riding there and the chat about the Weekender is growing. All sorts of people are riding there and they’re starting to come from further afield.

thepodge
    Free Member

matthew_h

a very kind offer of you, yes I am in Sheff, however i’m not too bothered for entering, just thought I’d pop over on one of the days, say hi to a few people and see what all the fuss is about. but if people are busy and there is not much else to do but watch then i’m better off going over some other time with the bike to session the place a few times.

i’m at least expecting to hear the music from Kick Start while the classic trials are running.

matthew_h
    Free Member

No worries and the Kickstart music would be ace

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Not riding the STW Weekender, Is it worth coming?’ is closed to new replies.