• This topic has 99 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by rone.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Not ideal warranty (Intense) replacement – Opinions – this is a free for all!
  • simonside
    Free Member

So lets get this right, a bloke goes on a public forum to comment/complain/moan about something that has happened to him.
    Lots of people offer him help/suggestions/an explanation as to how to move forward..
    The original complainant tries to justify acceptiung ANY of the help given….
    Isn`t the internet a great place..

Help me I`m drowning!
    Let go of the bricks you are carrying?
    No, I don`t want any help…
    Forfoxache!

amedias
    Free Member

I don’t see refund listed in their warranty terms

It’s not, but this is about your contract with the retailer, and if they can’t provide an alternative or repair then that’s all that’s left.

You really really need to get that the resolution comes from the retailer, if that means making use of the manufacturer warranty then so be it, but it doesn’t have to, and if they can’t replace if repair then they still have responsibility to sort you out.

At this point the retailer could quite legitimately give you your money back, then get the medium frame from intense as a replacement for yours and sell that, or they could get a credit, either way that’s for them to sort with intense/distributor.

LAT

Why can’t the frame be repaired?

OP, as you don’t want to peruse a resolution with the retailer, why not accept what you are offered? The suspension frame probably has a higher retail price than the hard tail, so why not accept you’ll have to make up he difference? Or take it up with the shop, who are legally obliged to make things good.

wrecker
    Free Member

Statute is a red herring. You have bought something with a warranty for X period of time. It has failed and the manufacturer has accepted that it is a warranty claim. They have NOT offered you a replacement, which they promised (at the point of purchase) that they would. They have offered you a compromise, one which will cost you money, and suit them quite nicely.

rone

OP, as you don’t want to peruse a resolution with the retailer, why not accept what you are offered? The suspension frame probably has a higher retail price than the hard tail, so why not accept you’ll have to make up he difference?

After telling them I’m not paying out for the Primer. Im getting a Primer without any funds.

So I will sell this as it’s probably worth a bit more than the Eddie.

rone

So lets get this right, a bloke goes on a public forum to comment/complain/moan about something that has happened to him.
    Lots of people offer him help/suggestions/an explanation as to how to move forward..
    The original complainant tries to justify acceptiung ANY of the help given….
    Isn`t the internet a great place..

That’s completely unfair.

I genuinely believed that you couldn’t pursue a warranty for money.

I also believed refunds were hard to get after a certain period.

I also understood warranties to be things that don’t have any wiggle room.

I have listened completely to what everyone has had to say.

I’m barely whinging too as I’ve a couple of very good other bikes. The outcome of this is a bonus.

But your personal attack is not welcomed.

Everyone else’s contributions have been kicking around my head for a few days.

Why is this place so hostile sometimes?

granny_ring

Reading through this and there are some tw*ts on here, cut the guy some slack…..
    Glad you got it sorted OP

wrecker
    Free Member

Welp, despite the initial hesitancy it seems to me that Intense deserves some credit, and maybe the retailer who may have fought your corner. It’s certainly a better result than I got with SC.

superstu
    Free Member

Well done OP, pleased for you and you’ve acted in a very decent way.

chiefgrooveguru

Well done OP, pleased for you and you’ve acted in a very decent way.

+1

A good example of why a bit of patience and thinking before speaking is rarely a bad thing.

rone

Thanks all.

Now who wants to buy a primer frame for a good price? 😉

LeeW

What are you going to replace the Hard Eddie with?

rone

I’ve already purchased a Travers Russ Ti. 27+

The Eddie was silly light. With the enve MTB fork it’s been a mixed bag. Hard to keep on the floor when powering around but comfy all the same.

That said I had it fitted with a power meter and posh saddle and bars so was a nice build just ultimately not solid enough.

jecca
    Free Member

hello mr rone
    how many buckaroos for the primer? are you selling for 18month old hard eddie price 😀

rone

This tale has taken a new twist.

The frame was dispatched apparently a couple of weeks ago to my address and someone called Tom Hudson as signed for it.

Strangely, I’ve no idea who he is and why I’ve not got the frame – but if you’re reading Tom – Can I have my frame back please?

Please keep a look out for any suspiscious Intense Primer Frames (Black) For Sale anywhere.

🙁 🙂

dawson

FFS. That’s crap.

Hope the courier wasn’t Yodel

tang
    Free Member

Nightmare! Saddleback use parcel force 24hr iirc

tdog
    Free Member

I’m guessing Tom Hudson is a pseudonym of the ParcelForce driver.

All speculation of course 😛

tomhoward

That’s another thorny problem that isn’t yours to sort out…

rone

TNT I believe.

They’re looking into it currently.

Hey ho.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Not ideal warranty (Intense) replacement – Opinions – this is a free for all!’ is closed to new replies.