Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Not convinced
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

needs more magnets and kineseo tape

Rorschach
    Free Member

You know when you see stuff that’s so stupid it baffles you to how anyone would be gullible enough to buy it?
    [waves]martinhurton[/waves]

Bez

I’m genuinely amazed that people (a) built them, (b) bought them and (c) had to publish a full page in a magazine to explain that the people in (a) and (b) were idiots.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Have you seen some of the sheet on Krapstarter??

andrewh
    Free Member

What about a sprung spiral to provide suspension when stood on the pedals?

That wouldn’t work. We established earlier today that compressed springs are heavier, so the bike would weigh a ton if you fitted these.

Rorschach
    Free Member

😆
    Chapeau.

Cheezpleez

I’m thinking cranks woven from a single MysteriumTM nanofibre exactly a gazillion light years long, using Dense Fractal TechnologyTM and a 4D-Optimized Quantum-Weave ContructionTM – with one end attached to the pedal and the other to the bb.

On your right…

Trimix
    Free Member

Im surprised Crank Bros havent done them yet.

They use the same scientists that bring you hair shampoo and anti aging cream.

The new Crank Bros strapline – “Why use engineering when you can use marketing”

messiah
    Free Member

If Crank Bros were to make them they would come in a very pretty box.

mikey50
    Free Member

Lots of different opinions here regarding the L shaped cranks – but has anyone tried them? I have over quite a long period. At the time they came out I think it was Ian Camish a succesful Time Trialist who used them racing.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

All they can possibly do is feel different because they are more flexible. That’s it. There is no increase in leverage, removal of dead spots or power transmission advantage. None.

convert

Blimey, thread raised from the dead!

To believe in these you would have to be a bit of a crank! Probably a bent one.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Dear god,

please kill this thread with fire, before I become infected with stupid.

Ta

tomhoward

too late…

edit oops misread your post it read ‘it’ not ‘I’ apologies.

Though it now appears I’ve been infected….

plyphon
    Free Member

See you at next years Tour.

Jamie
    Free Member

See you at next years Tour.

I’ll bring the pig…

hot_fiat

But what if they were on a conveyor?

avdave2

Well they are square taper so that alone means they’re better than most of the alternatives. 🙂

bellefied
    Free Member

its bolox, the torque is a function of length of the lever from the axis, as the z frame is rigid it doesn’t matter where the rest of it goes, the leverage distance is still the distance from the applied force (the foot) and the axle.

For example if you continued the Z bend and brought back to 180 degrees so it was lying back against itself, no-one would look twice at it, or if you created one big circle at the end of the lever that described its arc around the axle, no one would consider this to be better than a normal crank arm either.

Pseudo science – anyone know how their team got on in that race they mentioned?

IanMunro
    Free Member

At the time they came out I think it was Ian Camish a succesful Time Trialist who used them racing.

Indeed.
    But then again Geriant Thomas wears a power balance band.

And he’s faster than me too.

Oh and pig man makes me smile with joy every time I see him 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m loving the (apparntly too) subtle (for some) photoshopery in this thread 🙂

stu170
    Free Member

Unless i have lost my mind. I think it will work. Google torque wrench extension formula and think about it

Cheezpleez

You have lost your mind

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Not convinced’ is closed to new replies.