Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Not a rant…
  • ronjeremy
    Free Member

Just for your amusement please find below the email i sent to my boss today with regard our offices kitchen area

Titled

Not a rant…

… and probably none of my business in which case tell me to sit down and shut up

However just gone to make a cup of tea,

Kettle/Urn empty, which is nothing new however the worktop covered in shite,

Toast crumbs, butter, milk and the like,

What has irked me is the fact that I put my hand on surface whilst refilling kettle, and got it covered in the above

I have since had a tidy up and wiped the surface down

We are surely more evolved than animals and a little common courtesy to one another and the shared communal area would not go amiss

I understand and abide by the rota for washing up, but this does not really give people carte blanche to expect that person to wipe their arse for them does it?

Simple understanding surely is you make a mess then you clear it up,

Sorry for the mini moan mate, but it has pee’d me off a touch, I know it isn’t work related as such and I am here to sell for you, something I am trying my damnedest to do

It’s just people’s laisez faire attitude to this most simple of tasks,

Maybe i do volunteer too much and do these things without thinking about them, but it seems that if i don’t no one will

Anyway rantette over, cup of tea in hand and back to work,

D

Points lost for being coherant, but hey just sharing this for fun

project
    Free Member

Toast crumbs, butter, milk and the like,

What has irked me is the fact that I put my hand on surface whilst refilling kettle, and got it covered in the above

There are worse things to put your hands on while working,eg,like used disposable nappies, when clearing the rubbish chute that was blocked the other day.

You wouldnt think a cute baby could prooduce something so smelly and sticky from such a small body. :mrgreen:

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

good to focus on the important things …..

iDave
    Free Member

“it seems that if i don’t no one else needs to because they all know I will”

Houns

Almost a poem

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

You sound just like me!!! I too have the same problems, the folk I work with are animals and leave the kitchen looking like a pig sty. I always end up clearing it up whilst the kettle is boiling. I used to throw folks own personal cups/dishes/plates in the bin or hide them somewhere at the end of the day if they left them lying about in the kitchen. Believe me most of them treat there own kitchen just the same.

swiss01
    Free Member

toast crumbs and the like? lightweight!

i have been the subject of much amusement at work lately for sticking my (ungloved) hand in what is best described as skin fold butter

swiss01
    Free Member

or, discovered in my fridge not so very long ago, a faecolith. which was okay on the grounds ‘it was in a bag’. nice.

cranberry
    Free Member

We are surely more evolved than animals

Delusions of grandeur.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Place I used to work at ended up each team having a rota to clean the kitchen up 3 times a day. Because the animals couldnt be bothered to clean their shit up. Took great pleasure on fridays lobbing all the crap out of the fridge into the bin. Why bring it in if you’ve going to leave it to run science experiments?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Not a rant…’ is closed to new replies.